Setting up the website

I finished watching the registering your website part. I started watching the Manual method and was following along. When John logged in to bluehost his looked totally different than mine when I logged in. Mine still has things like customize your design, add a contact page etc. Do I need to continue and finish all that? This is all on my home page. When he went to his home page he was able to access the file manager which i don’t have on my home page. I have no idea what I am doing. Here is what I get when I log into Bluehost

After I went through step by step of manual, method and checked it on my website…this is what I got

When you go into your file manager, click on the public_html folder, then create the new test folder from there. It will work after that.

I think I got it…thank you

I am having exactly the same problem as you Huskrfan38. I do not have the same page as what John has in the manual method lesson when I click on HOME so how do we actually get to find the part that says File Manager? All I have is a page that says I set up my site and its now time to get your site ready to launch with a lot of things to do underneath. Do we have to fill all that stuff in first? Its not shown this way in the lesson. Thanks M :slight_smile:

Just click “Advanced” and you will see the File Manager.

Hey, thanks. I found it watching the updated training video 2020 that was right in front of my face. :wink:

1 Like

@marcia_moore, good to know that the updated set up link helped. It served its purpose. haha! :clap:

1 Like

It has indeed. :smile: :+1:

I am now getting this page even after following the Manual Method to a T. I,m not exactly sure where I am going wrong and have went back over a few lessons various times to make sure I’m following everything correctly. I’ve copied the hoplink, set up a new file etc but when I put my website address in the search bar and test it says Coming Soon also. Pulling my hair out a bit now. Feel like it’s holding me back.

@marcia_moore On top of your wordpress dashboard there’s a “coming soon” click it and just follow the instruction. Alternatively, you can also do it in your bluehost dashboard. Just click “My Sites” hover on the site that you want to work on, then click “Manage site”. Go to “Settings”, scroll down to the bottom and you will see " Coming Soon Page" toggle the on/off button. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Hi @marcia_moore! Have you clicked the ‘Launch My Site’ button on the top right of your page under My Site tab?

Mine will show View My Site since I already clicked on the Launch My Site option prior to this.

1 Like

@roeleliot @SAS-Support-Staff
Thanks so much. I will follow this process but can I ask if I have missed something in knowing this information? I never seen anything in the lessons on how to complete the launch. I’ve never set up a website before so forgive me if I sound clueless on this.

Thanks

M
[/quote]

1 Like

Hi @marcia_moore, it’s totally understandable. Due to constant change in platforms like this, the video in the module may seem to be outdated. However, even when those lacking information, I hope we are still able to help you move forward. And if that process doesn’t work, please send me a screenshot of your file manager for me to look into it. You might have just placed the zip file to the wrong folder.

1 Like

@SAS-Support-Staff Thanks for your reply. Ill follow this process and let you know if I’m still not getting anywhere. Forgive me if this sounds stupid (which it probably will) but what do I do when I launch my site? How and where do I promote the SAS course? I think I may have to go back over a couple of lessons again. Affiliate marketing is completely new to me so I feel a bit overwhelmed at times and get a little frustrated when I don’t know what I’m doing.

1 Like

@SAS-Support-Staff I am still getting this page when I follow your instruction.

And here is also a screenshot of my File Manager

Your presell page is working fine. http://marcia-moore.net/saspre/

@roeleliot I don’t know why I couldn’t open it. I think I need to change the title and take out the ‘pre’ part. Is this pretty simple to do? Can I just change the folder name then the link name automatically changes, or do I need to do something else? I just simply followed the updated 2020 lesson and put the same folder name in that the guy used in the video. Think I have a lot to learn doing this stuff.

Just to be clear. Your presell page (http://marcia-moore.net/saspre/) is working but your main page (http://marcia-moore.net) is not live yet.

You can change the folder name to whatever you like.

Thanks @roeleliot. I’m thinking that saspre is not the best name as it doesn’t really say what it is. Any advice on a good name or am I overthinking this? I don’t want to launch my site until I get the name right and also the look of it. I have no idea what it will look like as we are not told to do any of that stuff in the training videos. Am I missing something again? Also what do I do with the site once it is actually launched? How do I promote the Course? Sorry for all the questions, you just seem to know what your talking about and I need to get this right.

Thanks

M

1 Like