Red Tea Detox - Clickbank

Is anyone having success promoting Red Detox Tea? How are you promoting it? Are you using the QUIZ Landing Page that the Vendor supplied?

I have been struggling to promote it now for 2 months and I have made a few mistakes that Iā€™ll share with the group if it helps save any of you from wasting time and money.

My first Facebook campaign I followed the Vendorā€™s instructions and paid someone $85 on Fiverr to recreate the graphic of the woman struggling on the toilet

but FB rejected it. They said

so then I found some images of women holding their stomach (like they were in pain)

This ad out performed the other ad by 7X and got 36 clicks but FB flagged it because they said that it gave the user a ā€œnegativeā€ experience.

they said they were going to show it to fewer people.
So after 3 days running the campaign I shut it down because although it had 41 clicks it didnā€™t have any hops or sales. HOWEVER, I realized I made a MAJOR MISTAKE: although each ad was directing people to a unique QUIZ page and although I had setup the Facebook Pixels and Google Analytics to track, I neglected to test the landing pages and make sure they were registering hops with my affiliate tracking in Clickbank. Fortunately that lesson only cost me $53.36

Since then, I have been trying to make the Quiz Landing Page work with my affiliate codes. If you have watched Johnā€™s MANUAL METHOD video where you add the programmed page through the CPANEL, he shows you how to replace the affiliate codes in the index page. Well, the index page (supplied by Red Tea Detox) does not have any affiliate links in it. I scoured Blackhat, YouTube and the Internet trying to figure out how to use Quiz landing page.

If you have figured this out please post the answer here.

So lessons I learned (so far):

1. I got so distracted with all the bells & whistles of tracking that I forgot to do the only thing that really mattersā€¦ test Clickbank links and make sure hops and form submissions are registering before launching a campaign.
  2. I invested money creating artwork that was banned on FB. I assumed that the instructions from the vendor were current and correct when FB changes everyday. That artwork may have worked 2 years ago when the vendor first launched the product. **What I should have done is screen captured the artwork the vendor supplied and tested it before paying $85 to recreate it.
  3. Start with the Landing Page (Presell Page) then after that worksā€¦ then create the ads. If I had realized that the Quiz page (as supplied by the vendor) was not going to track in Clickbank, then I never would have created the FB ads and ran the campaign.

In summary, I havenā€™t given up on promoting Red Tea Detox. When I was scouring the Internet trying to solve my Quiz Landing Page Problem I did see a lot of posts from affiliates talking about their success. Iā€™m just not sure how to promote it on FB as you canā€™t talk about diet, weight loss, show women in bikinis, or in suggestive positions, or in detox pain that may give the user a ā€œnegativeā€ experience.

If anyone is having success or knows how to fix the Quiz landing page with affiliate link tracking, please post it here.

7 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing this explanation! I will definitely benefit from your experience and not make the same mistakes! I would have never though that your first graphic would have been a problem! You learn something new every day!

Hurricane June

2 Likes

This is a FANTASTIC writeup!

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

I would recommend to everyone to always test video ads in their facebook ads.

Here are a few weight-loss videos you can use to advertise (not sure if theyre compliant, im not a lawyer, but ive seen these used in youtube advertising)

You can download them with this free online tool here, https://youtubemp4.to/

Also, another good resource you can use to get some cheap videos to use for advertising purposes is Pond5 ( see https://www.pond5.com/stock-video-footage/1/weight-loss.html ). Highly recommended to use for a first pass at new niches, if you have $10-20 for purchasing rights to a video.

If anyone is having success or knows how to fix the Quiz landing page with affiliate link tracking, please post it here.

What I would suggest is that you actually recreate the weightloss quiz, within clickfunnels. I personally find clickfunnels WAY easier to use (and also I simply cannot edit the html pages that most other affiliate programs provide, so its really not an option for me)

Hopefully that helps somewhat?

JC

5 Likes

John thanks so much for the suggestions and resources. Iā€™m not sure how to recreate the Quiz landing page as (after 10 questions) it directs the lead to a final.html page that gives them their results. Itā€™s a lot of HTML, Java Script, and Cascading pages. So Iā€™m going to abandon the Quiz thing all together until I make some Red Tea sales, then maybe Iā€™ll pay a programmer to build the Quiz Page out for me.

I was never truly comfortable with the way the Quiz Page converted. After the quiz it puts you on a page where you watch a 1 hour video. After 10 minutes there is a buy box that pops up. After going through this experience, it really made me appreciate all the ā€œdone for youā€ landing pages and resources you have assembled for us.

I agree with you regarding Clickfunnels. I found a couple of videos on YouTube where people showed how to build landing pages in Clickfunnels specifically for Red Tea Detox.

Thanks again for this community John. See you on Fridays.

4 Likes

Well guys, I had close to 750 hops for the red tea detox product with around 30 order impressions but no sales and was concerned as to why this was so I bought the product myself to see if my sales were being tracked. Well the answer is yes. I then contacted Red Tea Detox to request a refund to see how easy this was and the reason why I thought the need to test. Liz herself told me that I should start seeing sales after 1000 hops - that it crazy - a 0.1% conversion rate!
I was using both the quiz and the main ā€˜mom loses 41lbsā€™ video in Facebook and Bing Ads.
From the comments I received on my Facebook Ads it appears that this product is an ongoing joke - it does not matter what you enter in the quiz - the same video is displayed.
In addition there are so many confusing upsells I can now see why people get fed up and not buy!
Guys please donā€™t waste your money or time. If anyone else knows of any other low value product that seems to be working then please let me know.

thank you so much for this feedbackā€¦@sanjayaffiliate

I think Iā€™m going to create my own funnel, and figure out how to just not link to that video at all or perhaps to the free PDF download she provides affiliates. Itā€™s like 43 pages. Then hopefully let that convert.

Sanjay, how were you able to use the quiz landing page? How did you put your affiliate code in the page? I know in the affiliate section they give you the option to create a link to a quiz landing page, but that page is not located on your site. Itā€™s a Clickbank link. Did you cloak the link to use on Facebook? I really appreciate you sharing your experience. I love this community and Iā€™m committed to sharing my experiences well.

I also bought the product and I agree with you the upsells are confusing and I suspect that leads may be falling out before the 3rd upsell. But even if you use their links to the direct check outā€¦ doesnā€™t it still put the lead into the same upsell funnel?

Thanks for sharing your stats. You had a 750/30/0 ratio. That seems a bit off for a product that has a gravity of 203. How are all these other people making money? If you donā€™t mind me asking how much did 750 hops/clicks cost you? How much of that traffic was mobile? I wonder if people viewing on a mobile may get fed up faster with the upsells.

Iā€™m concerned that someone would tell you that you need 1,000 hops to get a sale. That is crazy. Who can afford to pay for 1,000 clicks?

I had turned off mobile which caused my cost per click to go higher. I was averaging $1.25 per click, but what I found interesting was for $53.36 I had a reach of 717 people with 41 clicks. That means 6% of the people who saw my ad responded to it. I think that was pretty good.

I am rethinking how to utilize this affiliate offer. I read the Detox Book (actually got the audio book) and I think the nutritional concepts are sound. I havenā€™t actually tried the diet yet but plan to before I sink any more money into promoting it.

So I think the product itself is good, so I havenā€™t given up on this affiliate offer yet. The average sale is only $27.91 but the average rebill is $61.04. Like I said, a lot of people are making money with this affiliate offer. We just need to crack the code!

2 Likes

I agree! @suedocross
I, too, bought the resource myself and read through it. I think itā€™s actually really good healthy information. I, unfortunately, think the video gives the product a more ā€œwacky vibeā€ than it deserves.

Iā€™m trying to link my funnels to the direct sales page, like you mentioned, myself. But Iā€™m also trying to do something else, as well.

Also, I created my own video to use to market the ad. Then, Iā€™m going to probably have the call to action as ā€œget your free PDF now!ā€ And Iā€™ll link to the free pdf they sent us.

If I can get my e mail list somehow linked to the new funnel, I can follow up more with e mail scripts.

Problem is, I got denied with mailerlite. Which, I understand why. They are super strict about spam. One of my websites just has the free pdf under my book resources. I havenā€™t run the ad yet Bc I am adamant about setting up the e mail configuration on a new funnel page which will need to be on my Wordpress website I bought for this course. Because I bought clickfunnel, and the configuration is crazy easy with Wordpress, I need to create a new funnel for this ad there. My other website I mentioned is not a Wordpress. Then, I need to sign up for a new e mail subscriber list. Then I will run the paid ad!

Based off researching for a few days, and all the amazing links youā€™ve provided, which thank you for that. I love the YouTube channel of brko banks now, btw :).

Based off all that, I see how important the ā€œget the product 5-6 times in front of customers faceā€ is with this product.

1. Video
  2. Free pdf
  3. Follow up e mail
  4. Follow up e mail
  5. Bigger campaign
  6. Sale hopefully

I just wish that video would be fixed ASAP! While I understand the huge risk she took in her journey, I feel the shaman, snake bite, and quick sand , makes customers think this is a fake story. My husband thinks itā€™s fake :). I, of course, am more prone to believe outlandish stories, ha.

1 Like

Goldie I saw some really bad posts on black hat and even a YouTube review that said that Liz doesnā€™t even existā€¦ so your husband may be correct.

I agree with youā€¦ the money is in the list so Iā€™m not going to pay for any more traffic until I have my email with autoresponder setup. I wouldnā€™t give out the free PDF of the book that she has in the affiliate section of clickbank because it gives away too much of the book. Did you get the email with the PDF for the Ultimate Detox? They sent it out privately to the affiliates via email a couple of weeks ago so check your email. In the body of the email they give the affiliates permission to edit the links embedded in the PDF. If you also scroll down on the FREE BOOKS section you can download the Ultimate Detox book there. So if you have a program like Acrobat Reader (with editing capabilities) itā€™s easy to edit those links to go to your affiliate checkout pages.

I also setup an Amazon affiliate account and Iā€™m editing the links for vitamins and products embedded in the PDF to link to my Amazon pages. So even if I donā€™t sell the book Iā€™m getting their email and if they click on a link inside the PDF I could be getting Amazon sales. Kitchen products are 4.5% of the purchase and pantry items are 8%.

Iā€™m using Aweber for my autoresponder. The 30 day trial is free and then itā€™s $19/month until you have more than 501 email addresses. You can setup a free Mailchimp account but it is a lot more work to setup the autoresponder portion.

I also paid $64 for a ā€œshiny objectā€ called Filmora (by wondershare) this gives you the ability to take clips from videos and snip them together with royalty free music and subtitles. That way YouTube sees it as an ā€œoriginalā€ video. Filmora also has a free download with limited bells & whistles. I started snipping some of the testimonials together with a portion of the video. I havenā€™t finished that yet, but hope to upload a FRESH video on Youtube before the end of the month when I go thru Johnā€™s training on YouTube marketing.

Let me know if I can help you in any way. Keep me posted on your results.:grinning:

2 Likes

Hey!! Thank you so much for all of this!! @suedocross

Itā€™s such a bummer if sheā€™s not real. It makes me ethically not feel right. I mean, thinking about the whole outlandish story, it is pretty outlandish. I know I created a ā€œfake identityā€ with a few other authors for a pen nameā€¦butā€¦I donā€™t know now how I feel about promoting red tea detox now.

I think we are doing similar things!! I did change the pdf like the private e mail instructed. I blog about health, wellness and beauty on my blog so amazon affiliates is something I signed up for. BUT, I never thought of the genius thing youā€™re doing and linking to the amazon links inside that PDF! Genius!!

The video I made, I used Promo software. I think itā€™sā€¦ $80 something a month? I canā€™t remember at this point. Iā€™m going to check out Filmora for sure. Does it have videos longer than 20-60 seconds ? With promo, they have little videos.

The video I made is only 20 seconds. I am looking at creating longer e mails for you tube. Thanks so much for the email tip! I will have to check it out. I have MailChimp experience from my author newsletters. And the larger your audience grows, the more expensive it is each month. Thatā€™s why I went with mailerlite. But now, they wonā€™t accept my account b/c one of my websites is considered ā€œSpamā€. :slight_smile: Iā€™m about to PM you!

Letā€™s definitely talk on the phone. For anyoneā€™s benefit who is reading this, Filmora is a one time fee of $64. I think the free version has a time limit but I donā€™t think there is a limit on the paid version, but honestly I just purchased it last month and Iā€™ve only spent about an hour in it so far and havenā€™t completed anything yet.

I think you and I are going down the same path and Iā€™m willing to share resources with you. Iā€™m also an author and use Mailchimp for my website that promotes my books and videos.

Aweber is a very expensive autoresponder. My goal is to have 5,000 names in the next 90 days. At that point Aweber will cost $69 per month, mailchimp would be $50, but the functionality in Aweber is so much better than mailchimp.

I look forward to speaking with you

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to chat! :slight_smile: love that youā€™re an author, too! @suedocross

Iā€™m working on the red tea detox right now, after reading all this I am thinking of ditching it and moving on. I remake my landing pages and do my email tracking and followup all in ā€œtheConversionProsā€ site. Way less money than Clickfunnels and way more marketing products. Saved me about 300 a month. https://RobThomas.theconversionpros.com
theconversionpros%20marketing%20suite

Rob, nice tip on TheConversionPros.com I like that they have an affiliate program and pay $25 each month (on a continued basis) for each $50 subscription you refer. And when you open your $50 account you are automatically an affiliate. I see you put your affiliate link in the post. If I sign up for the service I will definitely click your link so you can cash in on my subscription.

It also sounds like another great affiliate vendor that the members of our community may want to consider. First off 50% of the sale :star_struck:. And secondly, continued income for the life of the subscription. I like their revenue model. :grinning:

Do they have an affiliate section where you can see hops and subscribers like Clickbank? Do they use tracking pixels? How do you know you are getting credit for referring people?

Thanks for tip.

Hey Sue,
My name is Nakima, thank you for all your tip and tricks please keep sharing
I know time and money is the real agenda, but could you share your experience with any free materials to help me generate some more money to work with, beside the once available on the SAS portal. Are the ads on clickbank producing traffic at all or do have to move them to sources of traffic. Do solo ads work? Has fb worked for you in any way free?

Sanjay, the best converting is the email list of as many people as you can get interested in your niche.
And great converting offers with high gravity. Not only one offer but more of them.
Quality traffic > funnel (sale+upsell) > email list > good promo emails > sales.
This is the key for me and I think for many people in this business nowadays.
Great system is12minaff what Iā€™m using to profit from affiliate offers.
I hope it will help.

Hey Dan, thanks for sharing

I had a similar experience to Sanjay with RedDetox, many hoplinks (over 600) but no sales.

• But I have generated over 800 Leads, so thats been a really useful experience.

Just making sure i understand. Are you saying that the email swipes for red tea detox are working?

• So far, the red tea detox email swipes, havenā€™t worked for my back.

Dan another question,

• the leads i gathered from Red Tea Detox sales funnel, i am reusing for similar health products.

• Are you doing similar and have you found any products that are more successful with sales? (without being to specific about the product)

Thanks Dan and Sanjay

Thanks, Sue - i have a similar sales funnels thatā€™s in the uTube.

I also added a retargeting AD that goes directly to a Product Review landing Page