Week 4 YouTube Ad Setup....Audiences...John talks about "a previous list that we uploaded" did I miss something, what list?

Hello, in weed 4/YouTube ads setup, John walks us through how to setup youtube ads. When he gets to audiences, I am not seeing any of the lists that he has on his screen. He says choose a previous list that we had uploaded. I don’t remember any videos of him uploading a list. Did I miss it? If so, where can I find it? I’m kind of stuck, thank you in advance if someone can help.

5 Likes

Google recently changed their policy regarding the ability to upload customer lists. There is now a requirement to have an ad spend of $50k and other criteria before you’re able to use customer lists. So, we have an alternative.

You’ll want to target the following In-Market Audiences for YouTube traffic.

Business Services > Advertising & Marketing Services > SEO & SEM Services
Business Services > Business Technology > Web Services Domain Registration
Business Services > Payment Processing & Merchant Services

These categories work extremely well, and are super tried-and-true.

5 Likes

Hey Sabrina,

Thank you for that. I see where you are talking about.

However, under each title that you mentioned, I just want to be clear:

We are not actually checking:

“Business Services”
“Advertising & Market Services”
“Business Technology”
“Web Services”

Correct?

Rather we are just dropping the menu under each of those titles and actually only checking these 3:

“SEO & SEM Services”
“Domain Registration”
“Payment Processing & Merchant Services”

Correct?

The reason I ask this is because it actually allows you to check the titles as well as the subtitles along the way to get to the last file. I am assuming if we were to check the titles, that would be like us choosing all subtitles under that title, which we don’t want correct? We just want to check the 3 I mentioned, correct?

WE WANT THIS:

WE DON’T WANT THIS:

Correct???

1 Like

Correct, just the items in the drop downs, not both options :slight_smile: If you were to select the broad options, your targeting wouldn’t be working to it’s best capability and your audience wouldn’t be specific enough.

4 Likes

Thank you very much! :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you, That helped tremendously. Right in the middle of this lesson.

1 Like

Was literaly about to ask the exact same question in the discussion before I found this post, so thanks for posting it! xD :smiley:

I believe I found all three options, at least the “seo and sem services” and “domain registration” I am pretty sure I got right, the last one " payment proccesing and merchant services" I dont know if I found that one.

Here is a screenshot. Have I got the right options picked? (My google page is in norwegian btw)

1 Like

@cecilie-malen

I don’t understand Norwegian but if you have the 3 audience areas selected, you’re good to go! :slight_smile:

HI Sabrina,
Quick question… Is there a way to go back and change the audience on my youtube campaign after it has started? Or do I just need to set up another campaign? Thank you Sabrina!
David

@david

I think you have to start a new campaign.

ok… perfect… thank you!.. I had the same issue, called google support and gave me different info…:neutral_face: … I should have checked here… my bad… Thanks again!!

1 Like

Ahh thank you for this!! Just what I needed to move forward :slight_smile: so glad these questions were answered easily & step by step too, saves me time. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Sabrina! Very helpful. Much appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you all above, have got to this video and was about to post a question, then found this post with exactly what I needed, Have implemented and now can continue, so many thanks all :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for this Specific Discussion, Wish I am in the $50,000 ad campaign too! <3

Thank you Sabrina.:wink:

Thanks Sabrina, I was about to ask the same question.

Thank you Sabrina, really helpful! :+1:

Thank you, that was so helpful but I would really appreciate it if the course was updated. Then we wouldn’t need to keep searching for this stuff!

asked the question I was gonna ask haha