Week 3 - Search Ads Campaign

2 Likes

Nice going I’d like to learn your results. Good luck. What was your daily budget

Nothing to write home about yet. This is two Search Campaigns created step by step using John’s Tutorial for Week 3 (Video 2) Google Search Ads Setup.

The Ad Spend is $20 on each. Both are targeting Guru Followers using the list from Targeting data.

John’s campaign goes to my Blog’s Review of SAS, which promotes SAS and has two ads being split tested.

The other campaign goes to my 12-Minute Affiliate Review which promotes the 12-minute affiliate program. That one has 3 ads being split tested.

To be fair … its been about 12 hours only … but I find the results to be very slow. On the other hand… it appears to be much cheaper than facebook. Facebook sucked about $220 for 10 optins. To be be fair … I was just experimenting … I havent gone through FB Training yet… so maybe there are plenty of improvement opportunities. I put up all details on a post in Follow Alongs.

2 Likes

Looks well constructed, keep us posted!

\well… I continue to be underwhelmed with the performance of paid ads. I paused these today.
Here are the results of the ads set up 4 days ago. Here we go:

This is the result (and expense) for the ad going to a low ticket offer ($10)

This was supposed to be my SLO (Self Liquidating Offer)… but it was a complete bust. So this ad had 3 variants… the CTR was deplorable and the CPC works out to almost $4 give or take 30 cents. $95 expense for 23 clicks and 1 optin… so this ad had a CPA of $95

This is the result (and ad expense for the ad going to SAS - $1K product

This one, I didnt really expect any sales on… just optins. my hope had been that sales from the ad above would fuel this campaign to keep it going. It too had 3 variants… however… apparently only 1 generated any clicks with no optins. So… the CTR again was deplorable, the CPC was $4.50 and the CPA was $63 for 0 optins.

This one if for the dog training program. This is what I like to call a CORE low-ticket offer because $47 is right where impulse buying stops… yet it is still affordable to most.

This one performed pretty much the same as the others. The only difference was that rather than follow John’s instructions… I took the suggested keywords from the JV Page. The CTR rate was slightly better here than on MMO, the CPC was under $1.50 and it got 35 clicks (better than the other two) … and 14 optins. That’s a 40% conversion which I think is great… meaning my CPA was about $0.71 - considerably better than MMO.

So Conclusion: In 4 days I spent $207.64 in Search Ads… and got 0 sales, and less than 15 optins.

The sad thing is … I also thought I’d experiment with Display Ads. I used 12-MA and Dogs.

I went ahead and paused this because I wanted to get feedback from admins… but the 12MA ad is the only one that seems to be cost effective. While the CTR still sucks… the CPC of 0.63 cents is WAAAAY better than search ads were yielding… However, still no sales.

So here is my google bill.

which added to my FB total

Places me at -$530.

@vperez Thanks for sharing your results. Would love to know if the admins have any insight on tweaking the campaigns. @IlyaG