Udimi - Solo Ad Providers?

Hey Guys,

I’m working my way through Week 1 and wanted to ask a quick question regarding Solo Ad Providers on Udimi. Who are they actually sending this e-mail with associated links to? Is it a list that they have already built up? If not, who is it being sent to? If anyone can help I would be most grateful. Many Thanks.

Kind Regards,

James

Hi James!

It really depends on the provider! Generally these people own blogs, websites, instagram accounts, facebook groups etc, through which they collect emails to build their email list.

Then, depending on their niche, they can promote your product (Presell page or direct hoplink) to their email list, and therefore make people click on it. The targeted audience is not very “warm”, since, even though they ARE interested in the niche that you are promoting, they are not necessary interested in buying your product, unlike the clicks you get from google & Facebook, which you can target better. The advantage is that you know exactly how much a click will cost and how many (at minimum) clicks you are going to get.

So let’s say I own a blog about traveling and I publish twice a week, through the years I collected an email list of 10,000 people which are my blog readers and newsletter subscribers. I now offer my services on Udimi. You buy from me, 100 click for your product, which is an extra light sleeping bag. I know by experience that to get 100 clicks, I need to send your product to about 1000 people. So I send them your email swipe ("Hey guys, everybody is using this new awesome sleeping bag now, check it out here! "), and I got you 132 clicks for example (over delivered).

And that’s how it works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Best explanation on how Solo Ads works. It makes it very clear. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Ilya!

Thanks for your explanation of solo ads. Both John and Bryan mentioned that when a solo ad provider gives you good results, you scale up with that provider. Does the provider then send your offer to a different list, or the same list? I’m thinking that sooner or later their list will become saturated and we will have to use several different providers to ensure that we keep reaching new audiences.

Is that how it works? If so, how will we know when that provider’s list is saturated?

Rachel