Stymied on Facebook

I set up a FB business account. John actually didn’t mention doing that, but I just went to business.facebook and set it up. As others have noted, the FB ads interface looks nothing like John’s video. I have hunted and pecked for hours trying to find the Audiences link John shows. Can’t find it. My FB account is brand new, so I have no Assets (or anything else, no Pages, no Ad Accounts, etc.).

Is there some unexplained step that I have missed? Do I need to set up an account to do SAS ads? Stymied here, any help appreciated.

Best,
JB

I didn’t note it in the OP, but I found the Assets category in FB but there is no link under it for Audiences – or anywhere else that I can see.

Frans, I’m feeling ya, big guy. In the new FB account I created, I cannot do anything. I click on Ads Manager or anything else and it gives me the same page that asks me to create a Page and an Ad Account and to add People.

OTOH, others have figured it out. But once you have a FB account, there clearly is a lot to do before you can run ads. So I’m still looking all over SAS for info.

Hi Frans,
Did you figure out what to do on FB?
Best, JB

Made some progress here… Once you set up a FB business account, you have to add a Page, an Ad Account (I named mine SAS) and People. When adding an Ad Account, you can then enter a card under payment information. Only then does the top left link change from Business Settings to Ads Manager.

JB

Brashboy,

Yes I figured it out. I also had to create a new Business Account.

1. Click on your profile tab in the top right hand corner.

2. Then select “Your Personal Ad Account”

This will then generate the page John was teaching from. You should be able to follow along from there.

Hope this helps.

Hi Frans,

Thanks – my experience was a little different. I already had a FB account for me personally. When I click on profile and then on “Your Personal Ad Account” it goes to my personal FB, not the business account I created. But now I can see the Ad Manager on the top left side and can get to where John was. We’ll see tomorrow if it all hooks up right.

JB