Should I capture Email Addresses for Solo Ads? (Module 3)

Hi everyone, on my bridge page (pre-sale page), I’m considering adding a squeeze page to the beginning of my funnel sequence with a small bribe (e-book giveaway or video, etc.) to capture email addresses. It’s my understanding that capturing emails is crucial to growing your business.

I could see doing this for a cold traffic ad such as Google search/image ads, but how about capturing an email from Solo Ads (Udimi or TrafficForMe) where the customer is already responding to an email swipe?

I haven’t seen lead capture discussed yet in the course, so I thought I would ask.

Thanks
Patrick

3 Likes

Hi there, @pat.jenkins. To answer your question.
It’s always easier for people to click a button when their email is not required to fill in, therefore not using an opt in(capturing email) will yield more clicks for you, but gathering people’s emails gives you a chance of re-marketing, and capturing sales later. So it generally depends on your goal. To have a higher chance of selling right now, also when you don’t have an autoresponder series set yet, I’d recommend not using an opt in page in the beginning, and then consider using it in the future, or adding an additional ad that leads to an opt in presell page, that you’d spend lower budget on, for example.

Also, email marketing or lead capture is not included on the main course since it is not mandatory and it counts as an advanced tool in the marketing world.

That is why we conducted special training webinars and series focusing on this topic among others, to supplement the course and provide additional information to you as a valued member with no additional costs.

You can check the webinars for autoresponder, adding opt-in forms and email list here.

And if you are using the SASPanel, you can check this article for your reference.

2 Likes

That’s great information Lizette! I was really wrestling with this as I want to get a win under my belt and I was wondering if I was trying to do too much. Sort of like crawling before walking. My page is almost ready to go so I will just stick with the pre-sale and forego the lead capture.

It will be something to build on as I learn and get more under my belt.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Patrick

1 Like