Setting up Website in Bluehost

I am having issue setting up website in Bluehost because John week2 video"Registering your website" is outdated and .pdf tutorial is not syncing with the Bluehost step by step registering domain and creating website. How I can create website if information is not matching? Please reply in your convenience.

1 Like

Hi! I am sorry you are having difficulties. The process should be pretty straightforward. Iā€™ll try to recall the steps I went through.

1. You go to Bluehost and click the big green button.
  2. Select the $3 planā€¦ (but beat in mind they will bill three whole years up frontā€¦ minimum of one yearā€¦ so youā€™ll be paying about $75.
  3. Then you pick your domain name. Try and make sure you get something short, easy to recall, relevant to your chosen niche.
  4. Fill out all personal information
  5. UNCHECK all the package extras. They are trash. Not Needed.
  6. Pay the bill. Wait for the confirmation email. You should be set. Iā€™ll be happy to further assist if that was unclearā€¦

Hello Imran, Iā€™ve replied to your ticket but let me outline the info here :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sorry that the video isnā€™t 100% up to date, however please understand that sites change their interface, options and properties quite often, and we canā€™t always keep up with all changes. Mostly the changes and differences are merely cosmetic and not radical.

Based on the photo youā€™ve sent to support, just choose a name for your site based on the niche that youā€™d like to promote, and then on tags you can write ā€œMy master website for promotion o various products & affiliate marketingā€, for example.

Hope you manage to figure that out, be sure to contact if you need any further assistance!

Victor!
Thanks for contributing your help.I have done all steps that you mentioned registering domain and payment. Main thing is that screen shots that John has taken in the video doesnā€™t match with Bluehost which needs to be updated. Login to website, pickup the theme , do we need to build the website or it is already built he mentioned in the video. Those stuff are not clear. Imran

The thing is @imran.bashirus, it is almost impossible to keep up with the updates each vendor makesā€¦ so screens will mismatch at a certIn point. The key is just to understand the flow.

When you sign up you have 2 choice: get only a domain or get a hosting plan with a free domain.

If you only have a domain, you can use the Subdomain feature to redirect to free landing pages or affiliate links.

If you got a hosting service (or plan to get clickfunnels), then you can use the methods in the course to.copy the presell pages. If you give me a specific example of where you getbstuck, iā€™ll do my best to show how to work around it.

Here is the example I did for Manual Method. I created a directory called Flexors and uploaded all files from local machine to that folder. Issue I am having right now when I paste this URL in the browser online-internet-business.com/Flexors
my website redirect to this affliate link first time.
Let say you open new tab and just type online-internet-business.com and then add /Flexors for redirecting website to affilate link
get error message, ā€œOops! That page canā€™t be found.ā€, Why I am getting this error.
Once we have product to promote using website Manual method, how people will buy this product?
John didnā€™t mentioned about what is next after implementing Manual Method ? How this product will be bought? Please reply if possible.

1 Like

congratulationsā€¦ the hip flexor site came up perfectly.

The second problem you mention may be a caching issue. When I tried it, it worked for me without giving me the 404 Error.

In any event, that error is irrelevant. You may ignore itā€¦ or you may simple add a link to the welcome page that takes you to the hip flexor page.

Nowā€¦ the money part.

The Big Yellow Button points to the vendor website with clickbank affiliate ID = ā€œibcbank04ā€. If that is you, then congratulations, your content page works.

So now you only have 1 job: bring people to http://online-internet-business.com/Flexors/

You can do this any number of ways: you can use Free Social Media Channels (to promote it to the people who already follow you) or you can do Paid Ads. The downside of course is that if you have not completed weeks 3 and 4, then you will be experimenting out of context, so your results may be disappointing.

That saidā€¦ You are all set to work. AD --> CONTENT --> OFFER.

The only other thing I would recommend is ā€¦ in your downtime, do something with the Wordpress Siteā€™s homepage. In Customize/Homepage Settings, you could make it land on a static page, and on that static page you might have a link to your Content (aka Money-page).

Cheers!

1 Like

Victor! Thanks for your great answer. Currently, website is not too specific to any product.I donā€™t know what kind of static page would need it. Do you think i need to create general Marketing product static page? Any advice for the static page will be appreciated. Just give some examples of static pages .It means every time I am promoting some product I have to change the presell page and redirect to website, is that correct ?
Did you try Clickfunnel and Coolhandle softwares ? In week 2 video why John is covering both softwares. Do we need to registered for both them even though I registered Bluehost early.
Thanks-again.

Hey there. Soā€¦ there are many approaches. Wordpress is extremely flexible. It depends on how much work you want to put in.

For instance, if you come to my website, you will see that i have a wordpress site. The menu has categories and all articles i write fall inside a category. So i write content and place affiliate links.

You might do something similarā€¦ write shirt blog posts with affiliate links as either widgets or part of the content.

Ideally what i hope to get oyt of SAS is to 1) learn how to write good copy, 2) Howto target effectively and 3) how to use Paid Traffic efficientlyā€¦ social media, search and native.

Wordpress is really all you need. You dont HAVE to use it as a blogā€¦ you could, for instance, make an About Me page as the only visible page in wordpressā€¦ and the make your landing pages as Pages instead of posts, and promote the pages independently.

Wordpress is a very versatile toolā€¦ and there are many ways to use it.

1 Like

Thanks for the great answer.

Vperez!

I saw your website find out menu has categories, and kind of lot of web development skill, which I donā€™t have. Issue I am having right now what the content should be ? Do I need to use presell pages, edit those pages and incorporate into webside? Do I need to find some professional person for web development job? Do I need to copy some affilate website and use for my site ?
Pls respond if you can.

Imranā€¦ my man! Listenā€¦ I know it looks dauntingā€¦ I promise you it isnā€™t. Its just new and you will get used to it. Wordpress is extremely flexible and easy to learn.

Here is all you need to do.

Step 1: Go to your Wordpress Dashboard and click on Pages
elementor%201

Step 2:Click on ADD NEW
elementor%202

Step 3: Choose EDIT WITH ELEMENTOR, then click the Gear Icon at the bottom left.
This is the General Settings Page. Choose Layout: Elementor Canvas
elementor%203

Step 4:You now have a BLANK Page. Click on the FOLDER icon to ADD TEMPLATE
elementor%204

Step 5:Find a template that suits your style and INSERT it.
elementor%205

Step 6: You now have a Beautiful GENERIC site. Edit it as you would Clickfunnels.
elementor%207

Step 7: When you finish, save, return to dashboard and go to Appearance/Customize
elementor%208

Step 8: Go to HomePage Settings
elementor%209

Step 9: Go to Static Page, Select the Page you made, then publish
elementor%2099

I would suggest that your landing page be something like an About Me page, and include the links to your landing pages. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks for the wonderful answer with attachments.

Hello it is great to be a part of this program and thanks for all your contributions .Please i have a problem or should i say i am stuck and will need help. I followed Johns direction on setting up Blue host which i did and payments and everything now getting into word press i donā€™t know if John explained that ? If yes can someone help me on how to proceed with that and also the click funnel.Thanks i will appreciate every help or contributions.

Hey @annettelekungah , nice to meet you.

First things first: your Bluehost. After you have created your account, and registered your domain,uyou should get something like this:

Click on ā€œMy Sitesā€ and then you should get something like this:

Click on Create Site and you should get something like this:

Fill it out with your ā€œSite Name and Taglineā€, then hit Next. It should start installing:
annette4

After which you get your Wordpress Login Details. Make sure get the Password here:

Once you have your password, log into the admin section and change the password to something easy for you to remember. Then its a matter of playing around. The Super Affiliate System is not really a blogging course so there really isnā€™t much about learning wordpress here. For purposes of our training, wordpress is only a repository for our Presell Pages.

IF you choose toā€¦ you CAN combine it with clickfunnelsā€¦ but technically speakingā€¦ a domain name and a hosting account is all you need to to build your empire.

Hope this helped! Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you so much this was of great help. Kuddos

My pleasure! Anytime!

Yes this is a big help, John didnā€™t go into very many details of setting up the page. Another question is what about the content of the page? Where and how do we get it all set-up? The web-site was not cheep, so getting it complete and running would be great.

@billing4allofu Hey Pamā€¦

Well, here is what happensā€¦ SAS is essentially a ā€œPaid Adsā€ courseā€¦ so Weeks 3-6 are the real meat of the program. Week 2 touches on what it takes to build websites. Either method WILL require that you have a domain name so that you can ā€œbrandā€ your offerā€¦ something every ad agency will require. You basically have three options.

(1) Clickfunnels - DFY Method.
(2) Hositing Account - Manual Method
(3) Wordpress - Also Manual

In the Resources Area, the Support Area, and here in the forum, Sarah Nightingale and Ilya Gurman have posted about 7 PreSell Pages, which (in theory) when combined with the Swiple Files (found in the resources section) should provide you with ready-made campaigns. Now here are the basic differences between methods 1 and 2.

With Clickfunnels, a single click will add the ā€œShareā€ funnel into your own clickfunnels account - so the heavy lifting is Done-For-You. All you have to do is go into the images and buttons to swipe out the affiliate links for your own.

With just your hosting account there is a little more work to do: you need to edit the HTML files to place your own affiliate links in the page; then copy everything up into a directory of your hosting account. I actually have a thread in another conversation where I explained it in detail.

Finally - if you install wordpress on your site, and use the Elementor plug-in, you will be able to just replicate landing pagesā€¦ but againā€¦ its a lot of manual work.

Hope that helps!