Setting up google ad account

How do you set up a Google ad account? In the video John says you should have already set one up.

yes im wondering the same thing

I’d suggest this quick article explaining how a Google Account works
and how to know if you already have one:
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1722060?hl=en&ref_topic=3121776

then once you have confirmed you do have or have now created a Google account read below for sign in instructions to Google Ads
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1722062?hl=en&ref_topic=3121776

1 Like

Hey Sara,
how long does it take Google to approve the ads we create with the video and start running them?
how will we know that’s happened – by checking our Goo Ad page? or will goo send an email, or something?
thx

I just set up my first ad and it took about 2hrs to get it approved. Had to check google ads. They don’t email.

Hi, I had a question regarding the signing up process too.
it asks for a legal business name. Can it be a name made up or out url name? or an actual legally registered business. I’ve asked if we needed a business license on here before and the response was no. Looking for little clarification
thx

2 Likes

How do I check the google Ad just to make sure everything is correct.

Hello @sabriga Google approves typically in 3 to 4 days,for approval first you have to check are your ads approved then check your ads are showing or not in Ads%20preview%20tool Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool**

no it doesn’t have to be a registered business. i have registered business numbers though but for this i am just using the name i am using for my facebook page which isn’t registred (DBKventureCorp).

Hi,
“How to upload Buyer’s list” tutorial came up after the google display ads setup tutorial for me. Then I tried following the steps but got this message:

Please any work around with this and what impact is it going to have on my already setup ads - both text and display?

Thanks.

Theo

You can find the Customer Match Policies here:
https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6299717

Specifically:

Requirements for using Customer Match

Customer Match is not available for all advertisers. To use Customer Match, your account must have:

• A good history of policy compliance.
  • A good payment history.
  • At least 90 days history in Google Ads.
  • More than USD 50,000 total lifetime spend. For advertisers whose accounts are managed in currencies other than USD, your spend amount will be converted to USD using the average monthly conversion rate for that currency.

If you want to start using Customer Match and you meet the requirements above, you’ll need to contact your assigned account manager to request access to Customer Match.

If you’ve never used Customer Match and don’t have an assigned account manager, your account is currently ineligible to use Customer Match, even if it otherwise meets the requirements above. In the future, we’ll offer an application process for advertisers who meet these requirements and want to request access to Customer Match. An announcement will be made when the application process becomes available.

Both Facebook and Google Ads recently made changes to the requirements for using buyers lists.

Sara,
Thank you for your links. I have followed them. I am signed but my account looks very different from the training .

My page doesn’t have the menu on the left or the menu on top.

Is there a step to take after signing in to Google Ads

Thanks
Lydia

I am a bit lost
 I could not find/see a VIDEO that instructs the creation of Google Ads in the Step-By-Step Modules. Here is my issue
:woman_shrugging:t4:

Jan. 29, 2020: I am up-to-date now! No issues, just some questions

1 Like

Yikes. Over 50,000 total spend to get that feature.

Thanks for sharing Sara!