Presell Manual Setup Issue

Hi, Iā€™m having a problem with the manual setup. Iā€™ve done everything that John said in the video about going to bluehost.com and File Manger and then downloading the zip file and adding it to the test folder I made and everything exactly as he said but when I enter my website/test/ it just tells me thereā€™s an error or that the site doesnā€™t exist. I have to type in my domain as the site, right? Or is that where I messed up?

1 Like

And yes I have a domain and the site is working, but the site/test/ doesnā€™t.

Having the same issue

Having the same issue

Nvm I fixed it. So what you wanna do is make sure that when you make the ā€œTestā€ folder, place it under the ā€œpublic_htmlā€ folder, (which John forgot to explain in the vid) and then when you type your website make sure that you type the folder name exactly as it is, meaning itā€™s case sensitive. I had to make my new folder named Test2 since the first one didnā€™t work. Hereā€™s an image to give you an idea. image

2 Likes

So just click the ā€œpublic_htmlā€ folder so that it opens up like it is on the picture and then create the Test folder.

I donā€™t understand the tech

Brian,

Thank you so much on figuring this out. i applied your suggestions and it worked.

Again, thank you.

Chandler

1 Like

Youā€™re very welcome. Happy to help. :slight_smile:

Hi Brian,
Iā€™ve tried what you shared. But my page suddenly came out this:

Does it work that way? Or is it something wrong if people click on the presell page?

Oh gosh, sorry I didnā€™t get to you in time. I just havenā€™t been around this forum as much anymore. Have your resolved your problem yet?

@brianab7 thanks you so much for that info re test folder under public_html . I spent hours trying to figure out why my site wouldnā€™t work

I was having the same issue and I did this and it worked perfectly. Instead of creating a new folder, I clicked the test folder and moved it over the public folder, now itā€™s working.

Thank you! :heart_eyes:

Whatā€™s terribly annoying is, ā€œwhy are we having to spend hours of wasted time searching the forum for these answers, when they should be in the course?ā€ Add the updated link to the actual video so we donā€™t have to waste time feeling frustrated. There is something missing every week, every task has issues. Add the new info to the actual course. There are too many threads and too many places on all of JCs many websites to search through. This and other comments were added in Feb 2019, itā€™s now March 2020 and itā€™s still unresolved.