Not eligible for "Customer List"/ "Customer Match" in Google AdWords

What would you recommend until we can meet Google’s requirements to upload a buyer’s list? Perhaps custom targetting, website visitors remarketing, etc.

They currently require things like an active AdWords account for 90 days with at least $50,000 spent. (Full Policy here: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6299717?hl=en)

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Interesting. Thats a new change, Ill look into this.

You’ll want to target the following In-Market Audiences for Youtube traffic.

Business Services > Advertising & Marketing Services > SEO & SEM Services
Business Services > Business Technology > Web Services Domain Registration
Business Services > Payment Processing & Merchant Services

These categories work extremely well, and are super tried-and-true.

Best,
JC

9 Likes

Ran into the same problem here. Not sure about your instructions about a go around. Can you explain a bit more?

I go over how to target other audiences in this video here, https://members.imjetset.com/lesson/week-2-understanding-the-system/google-display-ads-setup/

Step 1: Click the campaign you want to edit. Click the ad group you want to edit.

Step 2: Select ‘Audiences’. Then select the selection that includes ‘In-market’ (see below)

Step 3: Select in-market audiences

Step 4: Select SEO & SEM Services

…Select We Services Domain Registration

…Select Payment Processing & Merchant Services

Step 5: Click Save.

Done!

Also, bonus points if you test out ‘Life Events’ related audiences. Ive seen those work extremely well, and I just now see that they added more of them.

Let me know if that helps? I will be going through everything later this month and updating a few videos here and there once I get enough feedback on what needs to be changed.

JC

17 Likes

FIYAHHH!!! Going to test this out. Appreciate you taking the time to give a thorough response.

Much love

2 Likes

HI @John_Crestani.

Thanks for the tip.

This is very helpful in which I applied right away for Google Ad SEARCH type of campaign.

Is it advisable to do the same for the Google Ad DISPLAY type campaign as well?

I got the same error. It didn’t give a dollar amt to be spent, only I wasn’t eligible. Which campaign am I supposed to be adding this to Display or Search?

Vic Welth

1 Like

I went through your explaining and get it done. Instead of browse I search for every item you high lighted. Hahahaha I even put events in as well. Thank you. Do I have to put it in once for both campaigns or does it comply to both?

Sorry for the grammar. Do I have to put it in for every campaign?

Thanks John. Just added to the display ad group.

Very helpful thanks ValerieV

I got the same error. Yet another roadblock.

1 Like

Hi @richjake2

Use the In-Market targeting as per JC on his comment above.

Good Luck.

I am having problem on uploading the buyers list, I too get message “Your account is currently not eligible to use Customer Match Please refer to Customer Match policies. Learn more”. I followed the above steps successfully, but then after these steps, it is not telling how to upload buyers list. I still cannot upload the buyers list even after I follow these steps. Please advise what should I do.

Hi,
I had the same issues, I just kept on trying and finally I was able to upload the list and make a lookalike audience.
Claude

Hi @smartgoal & @claudeba56.

Please follow instruction of John on his comment which can be seen on top as well.

https://forum.imjetset.com/t/not-eligible-for-customer-list-customer-match-in-google-adwords/178/4?u=lea

I have added the audiences as well hoping I will finally get some results.

Hi John,

Thanks for help us. Very powerful alternative methods.

1 Like

Got it, JC!

Thank you for the solutions and options to solve the issue. I have followed the method right away and will see results.

Thank you
SS