Midwest is best! Hello, I am from WI! Home of the best work ethic in the USA

Hi!
I think our state truly has one of the smallest probabilities of being affected by natural or nuclear disasters. At least not a direct hit. Chicago may be a little closer than we would like it to be. Yet, September through November you may see so many people in camouflage and bright orange and you might think we are having a civil war. If you are a foodie, you know that Wisconsin is best known for Beer and Cheese (basically Dairy). You may recognize these elusively named foods; beer bratwurst, beer cheese soup, beer can chicken, cheese curds, cheese spread, cheese cake, frozen custard, butter burgers…well… and of course BEER! Our mission is to keep everyone in high spirits with our famous Brandy Old Fashioned. Just about everyone from Wisconsin has gone UP NORTH for vacation and gone to a Supper Club for Friday Night Fish Fry. It is a Wisconsin thing. Our state fair is known for their cream puff! Well, MY favorite thing about Wisconsin is we are the home of Harley-Davidson. I belong to a family that rides. I have not been on the back of one since high school. (My Dad’s) You see, I come from the era of big bangs. I am sure my folks were giggling when I spent 20 minutes with a can of Aqua Net getting ready to go, only to tell me my only way of getting to my friend’s house was on the back of my dad’s bike. Funny! I think that was the day I decided I was never going to be on the back of a bike again. I was getting my own! Well, A few decades later now and my bike has been in a buddy’s garage for almost two years. I now have 4 wheels and a joystick. A motorized wheelchair. I have been waiting for two knee replacements. Looks like it will happen in the next six months. I figure I will be back on my bike for the 2025 season. You know what I also want by then? MONEY!! I want to be done with corporate America. I honestly loved my career. I spent over 30 years as a print buyer/production manager in publishing and advertising! No matter what we do/did for a living, I think we all have that same goal of being our own boss! Only working when we want!! We all have our own idea of what financial freedom is. Mine is traveling. Probably mostly galavanting around from one park to another with an Airstream and my bike in tow. I want to say…To Hell with our work ethic!! I am going to change my life and never work 45 hours a week again! Right now, I feel like I am sitting in a room with everyone speaking another language during these meetings, but every day I get a little more of a clue what everyone is talking about. This is something I have ZERO experience in. I am not used to this. I am used to being the subject matter expert on publishing a book or print collateral. I plan to put in all the effort necessary to learn this. I don’t want to simply get by. I want to make bank! I want to enjoy every day of the rest of my life and have made a difference. I want to leave a legacy. Most of all, I want to go out to dinner and not forgo something like a drink because it doubles the bill and I don’t have the money for that! I am sure we can all relate. I want to never have to think like that again. I need that drink. Especially if I have to wear the colors green and gold together. Who picked that out? Must have been color blind. Now I love our Packers, but what is with the ugly colors? DeWalt yellow was not meant to ever be worn. With anything or alone. It is a color meant for you to find something you dropped…like a tool!
Now if you think I wrote a lot, just be glad nobody gave me a microphone!! Cheers! -Sheri

1 Like