Manual Method not working on Test

Also need a bit of help on the manual method.
Followed all the steps to the letter but when I test with backslash name of file, get a message that it is not found.
Go into my word press the page is also not there.
Where did I go wrong?
Regards
Barry

I’d love to help but i gotta see your screen. If you open your bluehost account and go to Advanced --> File Manager you should see the root directory of your hosting account. If you could submit that screenshot, then the screenshot inside the folder where you uploaded the landing page, we will have a more clear view of where you went wrong, if at all.

Hi Barry. If you’ve activated wordpress (essentially “launched your site” on the dashboard), That’s probably because your website show “coming soon” :slight_smile:

Login to your wordpress site (Login to Bluehost, “my sites” on the left hand side, login to wordpress), and then click the orange “coming soon” notification at the top:

Then click to disable this notice, and it should all start working!

Otherwise, feel free to contact on [email protected] with additional info.

Hello, I have also followed the manual method to a tee twice with the same result, so I know I must be doing something wrong.
My test page shows an error. It looks like my site but says 404- Fancy meeting you here!
I do not have the coming soon issue.
Can someone help? Should I fill out a ticket?