Manual Method not showing web page

I’m trying the Manual Method presell page setup using HostGator. It’s a little more complicated than Bluehost because of separate hosting and stuff.

I thought everything was going well following John’s instructions until I tried to prove the website had been created. The website name plus test bit and there was indeed only the basic wordpress there with Hello World. I’m just trying to find out if there’s anyone knows what going on, more familiar with HostGator. Most things look the same but the start of the setup process is not.

Hi Jungle4jim,

I’m just like you. I’m having the same problems. I’m not using Bluehost either and also have the hello world appearing after following all the instructions. If I get the answer I’ll let you know.

I did sort it out. I got in touch with support and went through it with them. It turned out, that in John’s video, he tells you to put the file in a folder named Test.
Support told me, all they did to make the whole thing work was take the files out of the test folder.
Hope that helps Jim

If you want your page to be a homepage, upload the files to your public root directory and not a separate test folder. If you do add it to a test folder, your page will be viewable at www.mydomain.com/test

I also have a website with Host Gator. I needed to move all the JC Offer files that I had put in a folder into public-html.
I needed to have a URL after my domain name, so I could see the pages. I was typing in an actual URL, so could see them. The URL is the directory path that comes after .com/
So I need to use domainname.com/url
Also when I did a test I always ended up on the Wordpress page.
Host Gator fixed this. The way my website was set up by default, there was .bak after index.html =index.html.bak. This was wrong and Host Gator removed .bak.
There was no .bak after index.php which was wrong, so they added it = index.php.bak.
By default the file path (index.php) was directing to Wordpress, so by removing the .bak they disabled it/stopped it. They enabled index.html

I had some resistance in the Clickfunnels method and then decided to do the manual method. It did not take time to redo.Blue host support moved my files intot he right place and everything runs fine. Clickfunnel support was helpful too. I wanted the to remove the clickfunnel button and they told me how. Sweet.

1 Like

I’m on blue host and I couldn’t make it work either.
I thought maybe I missed a step. So I watched it all over again and the 2nd time wasn’t better. It still shows the oops message
I did pay for my accounts on click funnel and blue host
Do i still need the manual method?
thx
Ed

I’m with Bluehost and I’m having the same problem with the manual method. I have followed the steps twice but I still get the 404 Page Not Found error.
When I log in to my WordPress admin account, I don’t see any of the manual pages or posts that I would expect after the manual installation.

@bobshontz

I’d be happy to help you get set up! :slight_smile:

Please email me on [email protected]

@ed.rodriguez

If you’re using Clickfunnels, you don’t need the manual method as well.

If you’re still having issues getting set up, please email me on [email protected] and I’d be happy to assist you :slight_smile:

Hi Sabrina! I have Blue Host and I wanted to practice the Manual Method, even though using Method #1 worked fine!

I thought it would be helpful to understand how to do this manually at some point down the road!

I tried listening and practicing how to make it work a couple times, but I was not successful.

I think John does an excellent job teaching, so I’m not sure what’s not working for me!!

My website is https://hoochmarkets.com
My CB Hoplink is: https://f5868a2dnfe0ggd98mb16vby8h.hop.clickbank.net/

Thanks!! Pat :slight_smile:

1 Like

here’s a screen shot of my edit page

Hi Pat!

Please send me an email at [email protected] :slight_smile: