Manual Method -Don't Stress

Hello everyone, so when you are doing the manual method, make sure you are in the public_html file when doing your Test file. This will greatly help any frustrations. I wasn’t and nothing seemed to work and I was about to close up shop for the day, and then I remembered to look into the community for help. Help it did! Everything worked out awesome. I even set it up a couple different times, changed the folder names, in order to understand it better. Works like a charm! Thank you. ~Jason

1 Like

Great job @jreiland01! Search, research, and do the work is always the way to go! :+1:

1 Like

Hi
if follow all step from the training but when i test my link it doesn’t work what do you think i suppose to do ?

Hello kinroose54, please make sure you are in the correct file before you continue. The public_html file is where you should be saving your Test file. I hope this helps. If not, try watching the video again. It has to be in the .html not the FTP else it will not work.

~Jason

Hi @kinroose54, you can send the screenshot of your file manager here so we can take a look at it better.

1 Like

thanks for the info, i got it to work so when i type in my domain name/test/ and hit enter it will pull up the website questionaire. However whenever i just type my domain.com it goes to the "Hello world, welcome to Wordpress. So my question is what step do i need to take so that my website is live not just the test part of it.

Hello @dbak0gd, make sure you are doing it correctly by walking through the video again. My issue was not doing it the html file. Did you find the problem?

~Jason

Hi @dbak0gd, your presell page should be live even with the /test name on your slug. For as long as your hoplink is added on your link that should be good. The ‘test’ folder name can always be changed, just right click on the folder name and select ‘rename’.