Mailchimp Compliance Issue

Happy New Year $A$ Family:heavy_heart_exclamation:

I just thought I would pass along some information to proactively save anyone else frustration…

I understand Mailchimp has come recommended for use in the program, tutorial, and resources. After set up and sending test emails…they flagged/shut down campaign, testing emails, etc. I contacted Compliance to resolve and had no response after 12 days. I contacted a different Mail Chimp Support with a follow-up on the issue…and it was a confirmed compliance issue. I followed all the trainings precisely and Mailchimp was used as the resource to build an email list and send the link for the training (SAS Program).

This may not affect all members in this Community…I just wanted to let you know the experience I had with Compliance with connection to the Super Affiliate System.

As frustrating as this experience was…can’t let setbacks derail you…Fail Forward!

Mailchimp’s Response Below

Hi there,

Our automated abuse-prevention system, Omnivore, detected account content that violates our Acceptable Use Policy.

http://mailchimp.com/legal/acceptable_use/#section-prohibited-content

We have nothing personal against you or your business, but in order to protect all of our users and ensure the deliverability of everyone’s campaigns, we have to ask that you seek a new vendor for your email marketing needs.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear all that. I’m with aWeber and have been for years but I remember hearing some stuff about Mailchimp having issues with affiliate marketing but don’t remember the details.

Glad you’re moving forward!

1 Like