Just placed 1st Solo Ads

@jensarmiento3 Thank you! Yes I have lots of questions and not afraid to ask. And if I figure some things out I will definitely share because I genuinely enjoy helping other people. Unfortunately I have more questions than answers right now and just don’t know enough but I am going to keep trying.

One thing I will say is that I am done spending money on solo ads until I know more on how to get them to perform better. I have spend roughly $750 on solo ads and haven’t seen a dime in return I just don’t know why. I’ve had some solo ad providers respond and say that solo ads are designed for collecting emails and building a list, not for making direct sales.

They say you may get lucky and make a direct sale but the long term goal is to build a list that trusts you and make a sale to them later. I just have no idea how to do that and after the first 2 weeks of watching SAS training I can’t see anything that leads in that direction on building a list.

Hope this helps someone and hope to keep learning and sharing and make some money!

Hugh

2 Likes

Hi Hugh ~

The solo ad providers are right. Fortunately for me I only spent $100. However, my question is where did all those emails go? I tried to get in on the weekly call, but my mic didn’t work and no attempt was made to answer my questions verbally or by text. Bummed.

That’s great job, I currently just get through with the training on solo ads.
Excited to get my solo ads up and running. :smiley:

Lee

Hi Hugh, I saw you used your link from Clickbank to make your solo ads. In week 1 John C. explains to use your domain link for solo ads.

I did both. Neither worked

Thank you Sabrina. Is it possible to watch a replay of the webinar in some way?

I’m calling Time - initial comment was that solo ad using Clickbank link, I did so as well… however in the “Mistakes” training video John states NOT to use that link, to use the website one sets up… either something is way out of wack here or I missed something, can someone tell me that I didn’t waste 2 solos using the Clickbank link???

Hey Mark, John refers to paid advertising CPC networks such as Google, YouTube & Facebook

To promote any kind of affiliate offer on any advertising network (Google ads, YouTube, Facebook Ads, bing…), you cannot use the direct hoplink / affiliate link, these kinds of promotion are always rejected.

You’d need to have a website/presell/landing page of your own that complies with the network’s policy in order to promote the offer.

Some Solo Ad providers do accept your direct Hoplink, but lately I’m hearing about more and more refusals and requests of a website/presell pag.e

1 Like

Is it normal to get 133 clicks and no sales?

@husseinhakim I got over 470 clicks and no sales. Trying to determine what “normal” is. Were you using Solo Ads? I haven’t had any luck with them and I don’t know what I did differently that I didn’t get results and other people did because I felt like I followed the videos step by step. Guess I am just unlucky…

Hi @avfarm05, I doubt you are unlucky. From poking around the board, it sounds like solo ads are a bit more difficult. I haven’t tried any ads yet. I’m about to start but I’ll probably go with Google or YouTube or maybe FB but it depends on where I’m doing ads. What module are you in?

You might search through the community support for threads with a case study or solo ads and look for comments by the customer support people as well as students who post positive results.Maybe you need to tweak or adjust in some way.

I think I’ve heard Ilya rank solo ads #4 with Google, Facebook, and YouTube (not necessarily in that order) above.

That’s what I’ve gleaned, anyway.

I placed solo ads yesterday before I looked at the next video in week 1. I realized that I do not have a landing page or website for them to visit. What do I do now? Do I have to cancel the ads or just let them run? I have a domain name for this but the website is not set up yet. I thought I saw something here that said we would get pre-sell pages? I’m new to this so I am not familiar with all the terminology. I’ll finish watching the course topics to see if my questions are answered but if anyone can help, I am eternally grateful.

Contact the seller right away and the website where you got them from. It may be too late but I would ask if you can cancel and get a refund.

I wasted a lot of money on Solo Ads and I won’t use them again until I really learn what to do.

HughGardner, how are you finding everything? I saw that you started this thread in September, I am new to this all and just trying to discover the ground work. are you able to share what has worked for you so far? have you been able to create an income yet?

Nothing has worked for me so far. I have not made a single sale :frowning:

I am trying to get back into it and make some money but nothing has worked so far. I am hopeful that I will get some better advice

I have heard that the course is getting re-worked to provide some better advice for making money right out of the gate. As it is the advice for doing solo ads doesn’t seem to be working for anyone

Thanks for being honest.

I just put up my first Solo Ad using the John Crestani programme and my clickbank link, so just testing the waters.

I can understand what everyone is saying in regards to needing a landing page and a click funnel. Still trying to learn everything. I also signed up to the Inner Circle for the 2 week trial but will probably cancel this prior to being charged as it only seems to be the coaching calls you have access to.

Either way, it does seem like a very good way to actively learn about Affiliate marketing, even if it does require you to go and find a lot of the information elsewhere yourself.

Hey @avfarm05, were you ever able to get your support call set up? If not, I think I’d continue to push for it. I’m sure they want you to successful, too. I’m glad you’re still moving forward.

1 Like

I’ll ask about it again. I haven’t been able to make it to coaching calls because of work and in that past I did email support a lot but it’s been awhile.

@avfarm05, I am new to the course and I have been following your posts about your lack of success with solo ads.

My question to you is, did you take Bryan Biscoe’s advice in the training video called “Researching and Selecting a Solo Ad Provider”? Not only did he recommend a list of indicators to look for which was:

• Make sure traffic is into your niche
  • Tier 1/Top Tier Traffic
  • Good ratings
  • Good testimonials
  • Good opt-in rates for past buyers
  • over 20% of buyers reporting sales…even over 30% if possible

He also talked about pre-qualifying these solo ad providers and making sure they are responsive by sending them a message and inquiring about what type of offers their traffic prefers, what type of landing pages works the best with their traffic, etc.

Did you take this advice when you ran your solo ads?

I followed it exactly…EXACTLY!