Is Week 1 all about running a Solo Ad?

At the end of the Week 1 video titled “Finding Clickbank Offers” John ends the video by saying, “Have at it, find some products, make some sales and start living the internet lifestyle.”

I am however confused on where to go next. Is the next step running Solo Ads? Let’s say, for example, I chose to go with the Red Tea Detox product… what happens next? I just want to make sure I don’t get lost. Are any of you wondering the same question? It doesn’t seem like you need a website at this point in time for the solo ads, correct?

Additionally, I watched the “Solo Ads Setup” video which is pretty straightforward but I’m not exactly sure how these solo ads work entirely. I kind of get it but could someone elaborate? Can any product be used in these solo ads and then it’s just a matter of finding someone on Udimi that works with that niche? Ah!

Thanks a lot guys. Good luck.

2 Likes

The course was recently updated.

Week one used to be about the system set up but we thought it’d be more useful to start with a bit of background education in affiliate marketing rather than starting with the set up. Kind of throwing you in the deep end, no? :slight_smile:
So now week one focuses on how to find offers in CB, choosing a niche and solo ads.

As I have found out there is a whole boatloads of suggestions for posting an ad with Udimi. A suggestion for posting, tell your seller the time of day you want your ad to go out. My ad was delivered in the wee morning hours of the central time zone. I don’t imagine there wee too many browsing the internet that time of day. Cost me dollars to learn that tip. I think I will start a go fund me site that will finance my dumb mistakes.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I ran a couple different ads with Udimi but didn’t get a click. Next time I will contact the seller (different one this time) and ask what time zone. :slight_smile:

@Ralton

At least you know for next time :slight_smile:

Hi @nickmckerrell.

I haven’t started running any Solo Ads yet but plan to setup my accounts and start running ASAP. I suspect that John’s team incorporated Solo ads in week #1 because it is one of the easiest ways to get started promoting products.

Yes, you can promote any product or niche using solo ads and John shows how to use other Clickbank offers in Video #8 of week one - Udimi Solo Ads - Other Offers.

It looks like you are correct in that you don’t need a website or a landing page to promote a product using Udimi Solo Ads if the vendor gives you a link with tracking.

So yes, run a solo ad as a test for a product. Get your feet wet. John’s favorite quote is “Perfection kills sales” so he would rather see us run a $40 test so we can “jump in” and hopefully make some money.

Hope to see you Thursday in the Members Webinar (Thursday, 3:00 PM Pacific Time)

Best of Luck to you,
Sue

2 Likes

Yes, That’s the same mistake i did with my first SOLO Ads. I ran the Solo Ad at 2.00am early in the morning when in USA i think most of the people are sleeping.
The Question is how we know what is the best time to run a Solo add campaign.

1 Like

Awesome replies guys. THANK YOU!

1 Like

@nickmckerrell I’m setting up some solo ads to run next Tuesday. From what I have heard, the best days to send out emails are Tuesday/Wednesday and the worst day to send emails are Mondays and Fridays. Evidently Tuesday/Wednesdays have the highest % of open rates. They say to avoid Mondays and Fridays because those are the two days that people open up the least emails? or do the least amount of work at the office. I don’t know about the Friday thing, I would think that if people do the least amount of work on Fridays it’s because they are opening silly emails and checking out Facebook. :star_struck:

I’m setting up the solo ads to run in a few days ahead of time because you can’t communicate with a seller until you pay for service. I’m going to ask them about their delivery and when they have the highest open rate.

I heard some disparaging stuff today on a webinar with Clickbank. They said to be really careful with Udimi List sellers. They said that a lot of Udimi sellers mislead the buyer into thinking that their list is really good but they get bad results. So I’m paying more attention to what people are saying in the results… did they get opt-ins, did they get sales!

I’m willing to pay a little per hop if the delivery is that much better. I’m also learning more about the Udimi lingo and settings. When you click the filters of course the price goes up. So I’m going to run my tests with PRIME, 1st Tier and No Mobile. And make sure to UNCHECK to allow the Seller to send at their own time. That looks to me like permission to send emails whenever they feel like it and not during prime hours.

Let me know how things go with your runs and if you find any Sellers with good results in which niche. I’m going to run in the weight loss niche next week.

3 Likes