Is anyone else getting the Coolhandle registration error?

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble registering for Coolhandle website hosting. I have followed up with Coolhandle to see if they can help me resolve this issue but have not gotten any feedback for the past two days. I was wondering if their site is currently under maintenance or if it is just my bank not following through the transaction or something of that nature which I am able to take action on my end to fix it? I am currently banking with the Educational Employee Credit Union (EECU). Attached is the screenshot or the error message I tremble upon after clicking continue from the card information section of the Coolhandle form.

Let me know if you guys experience the same issues so I can tell if it just me who is experiencing this and touch base with my bank to resolve my issues accordingly.

Thanks.

If youā€™re having trouble registering with Coolhandle, you can still use Bluehost. Either one is fine to use :slight_smile:

yes i received the same error today, did your transaction process later or did you just go with Bluehost?

Yes, I had the same Coolhandle error message. What is going on? I guess we can still use Bluehost even though the videos use Coolhandle.

I have no choice if I want to proceed forward, I have to dispute the charge from coolhandle but I did save money with Bluehost, maybe thereā€™s an issue With coolhandle site, it can take the funds but canā€™t process the product for some of us, I did everything on my desktop & had the error so I donā€™t know why this is happening to some but not all.

@bugle21 Definitely contact Cool Handle support team to get a refund. Fortunately, I was not charged [email protected]

Here are the tutorials for using Bluehost if you wish to switch! :slight_smile:

I personally prefer BH :wink:

https://support.johncrestani.com/hc/en-us/sections/360003245314-PDF-Tutorials

2 Likes

Hi,Hiro. I got the same thing happen to me today. And I also went back and repeated the registering process and got the same message again. I am worried if they are going to charge me twiceā€¦

@zinta.liice

If you do get double charged, they should refund you pretty quickly by contacting support.

I still recommend Bluehost :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Sabrina. Thank you so much for you reply. It seams i had not been charged by CoolHandle. Right after that i went and signed up with BlueHost. :slight_smile: Now I donā€™t know how to get everything set up (Click Funnels etc), because all the set up videos in week 2 are about cool handle. I found the link in another post for attaching clickfunnels to blue host but it led only to the resources page, I could not find the PDFā€¦

I tried these links and they seem to not be working :confused:

Here are the PDFs for Bluehost

https://support.johncrestani.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018110553-Installing-The-Clickfunnels-Plugin-

https://support.johncrestani.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017558054-Setting-up-Your-Presell-Page-in-Clickfunnels

You need to be signed in to access the docs :slight_smile:

Wow,ok. Now again i click these links and get to the help desk page, I see on the top it says to sign in, clicked it, but nothing happenedā€¦ How do I sign in? God, I feel really dumb, canā€™t even sign inā€¦:laughing:

Donā€™t feel dumb, itā€™s a separate log in to your SAS account so just sign up for a support account. All future support tickets you raise with us will be able to be seen here :slight_smile:

Thank you. But I cannot find where exactly I can sign up? Like i said on the support page the link on top right corner does not work for meā€¦

@zinta.liice

I sent you an email from Support :slight_smile:

1 Like