Howdy from Texas!

Hi Everyone,

I just got started today, but I’m primed and ready to go!

I’m a mechanical engineer that programs mechanical design software by day and I moonlight as a Celtic rock fiddler on the weekends.

I want to get into this so I can spend more time fiddling and also get my pilot’s license for fun. Buy my own Carbon Cub down the road and fly my own tour, fiddle in tow.

Looking forward to sharing success stories with y’all. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello!
Welcome, Im totally new to this too Good luck to us all!! :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic! Great to see another musician in SAS! Good Luck!

1 Like

Hi! Welcome to SAS! Looks like we joined about the same time :slight_smile: So fun to have another musician also! I was a music therapist for about 16 years - main instrument was voice but also played piano and guitar. Am also looking forward to having more time for music when things are up and running! :slight_smile: Have a great and successful day!

Hi Keisha and Hal!

Yes!! That is the dreeeeam!

Wouldn’t it be fun to start a SAS band? :star_struck:

Very cool about music therapy! I can see the pull. My only experience was playing for my grandfather in late-stage dementia and the other residents in his unit. They were so happy - one even used to be a dancer, so it got her moving! It would be great to have more time to go back and play for other residents once I get this business off the ground!

2 Likes

Best of luck, shav! I hope you let me know how you’re progressing! Maybe we can share tips and lessons learned once we get our feet wet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Kristin~
That is awesome you were able to play for your grandpa and the other residents! Yes - absolutely love seeing how music can put smiles on faces! And get them moving :slight_smile:
Lol - yes it sounds like we would have quite a SAS band!

1 Like

HA! Sorry for the slow reply yall! The SAS Band! We can jam at a meet-up like I’ve seen John have in the islands or Greece or…wherever, once we have all found the freedom of time we’re looking for.

Love the story of your Grandfather and residents enjoying your music. I am currently studying the healing effects of music and different frequencies, as well. I’ve kinda found myself on a mission to spread some Happiness and Healing. #happinessandhealing

FYI. I’ve started a Follow Along to share what I’me trying to do on YouTube through what I’m learning on SAS and will be posting regular updates of my progess.

Good luck on your journeys and hope to jam with yall sometime soon!:boom::smiley::smiley:

1 Like