Hi everyone, from Kansas City

Hi all! I’m William, but no one that knows me (even professionally) calls me anything other than “Dink”. I’ve had that name since I was an infant, so no, it doesn’t offend me being called that haha. Although I know it a few other countries, it’s not exactly the nicest term. You Australians go easy on me :rofl:.

I joined about a month ago, but fell behind a few weeks ago, after one of my best friends took a fast, horrible turn with cancer. I’ve been traveling back and forth to North Carolina over the past month, the most recent this past weekend to his memorial service after losing his long fought battle. It puts things into perspective how fragile life is, and how precious each moment is.

I’ve been in Internet Marketing for over 10 years, the past 7 with the #15 largest privately owned company in the US. I was one of 30 in the country in my position, and that position was eliminated in January. I’ve been frantically looking for work since then, four different times getting to the very last stage of the process, then getting let down. I think age has become a factor…getting older sucks ha! It’s frustrating, disheartening, and infuriating…but, only increases my desire to get OUT of corporate America.

I went from the top of my career, to now having to dig into what savings I have just to pay my bills. I hope to make this work very soon!

Sorry, that was probably way TMI, but feels good to share I guess.

Hi Dink! :wink:

Thank you for sharing your story with us, I’m glad you’ve joined us and good luck! Let me and @Sabrina know if we can help you somehow on your way up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey “Dink”!

Interesting nickname :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi Dink,
Welcome to the community and sorry to hear of your loss.
Completely agree that loss and age does put things into prospective.
Living life positively and maximising on opportunities feels like the way forward.
I am hopeful that through this business you will achieve all that you desire.
All the best

Marlon

2 Likes