Having .net instead of .com for my domain name

Hi iā€™m Dee from NY, just joined SAS program and on week two project right now.
I want to kickstart as an affiliate by promoting SAS program so i created my domain name yesterday.
But i was having a hard time getting .com to end my domain name but couldnā€™t get a .com so i was left with taking .net as an alternative because all other options that goes with .com do not fit in my intended domain name.
So my question is, does it really matter or have much disadvantage by using .net to end your domain name?
Would it really reduce traffic to my site or affect my sale negatively or something, because iā€™m kind of worrying about that for now. The domain name had been created and i have already paid for two years service on bluehost.

Thanks for your response

1 Like

Hi @done4abby, you donā€™t have to worry about it. It doesnā€™t really matter and should not affect your sales negatively. What matters is your presell page and itā€™s content to drive traffic and sales. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s cool! Thanks so much.

1 Like

You are welcome! :+1:

Presell page apparently is the most important according to this training

Jamal

1 Like

I think that if you are using your site to draw organic (no paid) traffic a .com is preferred because itā€™s easy to remember. ā€œ.comā€ has become synonymous with a website. ā€œ.net, .org, and now the newer domain classifications ā€œ.liveā€, ā€œ.tvā€, etc are a little harder to remember. In fact, if you have a ā€œ.netā€ your traffic may go to ā€œ.comā€ by accident.

Doing paid advertisement doesnā€™t matter because you are supplying the link to your traffic for them. You are not relying on them to remember your webpage name.

I know this is a couple months after the fact but I thought it might be helpful for anyone else who might have this same question.

Again, this is just my thoughts. Good luck with your business. Looking forward to reading a report of an unexpected month (in the good sense).

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this, @r.williams. This is actually on point. :ok_hand:

That is a very good point! Now I donā€™t know what to do as my .com is a .info on our SAS website, and it just so happens that the same name with .com is for sale for $1299.00 soā€¦ I am not paying it. Luckily they have nothing on the site they just bought the name. ugh.