Google training

the google training was way different than what was shown in google. nothing was the same, it didnt have a area were you could switch off mobile devices it was different how would i know i didit right

I believe Google recently changed their interface, they have the old interface and what they now call the “New google experience”

To turn off ad placements on mobile or tablet devices through the campaign settings, you can set a device bid adjustment of -100% for the device type which you want to opt out of.

It makes it hard to follow training with all the constant changes they keep making but hopefully this will help:

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6262954

1 Like

Hi Sabrina,
The Google Ads setup has been very frustrating. When I sign in to my Google account, the interface is nothing like what is shown in the training video. None of the functionality shown in the video is available. There is no place to add keywords at all. There is no mention of Ad group. No place to adjust for the device type or bids. I have set up an ad nevertheless and is supposedly running. If I do not see ant clicks within 24 hours, I am going to delete everything. Pleaseupaate the training video if the interface has changed since when the video was first created. Thanks.

1 Like

@cybernaut20

Click the tools and settings icon and “switch to expert mode”.

If you see “what is your business goals?” on the home page, click “experienced with google ads” to continue:

1 Like

Thanks, Sabrina. That worked. On to Display Ads now and I am getting stuck on the bidding part with “Clicks” missing. I have been reading some of the posts and looks like it is OK to with Conversions.

Do we need to create a conversion pixel and if so is there a video/tutorial on how to do it? Thanks.

@cybernaut20

You can select conversions and “maximise conversions” :slight_smile:

1 Like