Google Display ads week 3

Hi , can anyone who has done the Google Display Ad set-up put me right on this, i’ve set up Google Ads and they are currently running but the set up was just slightly different in my experience to what John shows in his lesson on this . When John says to scroll down to content targeting and select topics , then he says select edit icon which brings up edit targeted topics and then to enter business opportunities etc etc . None of this showed up when i was doing the set up , when i put a number in the ad group the next step was the box came up with select ads and responsive display in and my url was showing.
I can only presume Google has removed the content targeting and select topics box as they have simplified this step, would appreciate anyone confirming that they had the same experience when setting up Google Display Ads, thanks Steve.

1 Like

John warns us that the interface to the ads is always changing. In my case, it’s at the bidding step that I hit a snag. For some reason, clicks is not a choice. Then what would be the best choice between Conversions, Conversions value or Viewable Impressions?

Thinking I’d made a mistake somewhere, I cancelled that campaign and tried again, using the exact same settings as shown in the video. Same result.

Hi , can anyone shed some light on John’s Google search ads setup and the Google display ads set up , when John selects 20$ as his recommended daily budget for both of these setups presumably that means that your spending 140$ a week on each which converts to 280$ a week ? I appreciate that your ads won’t always bring in results but what concerns me more is that the more affiliates who are using John’s upsell pages and promoting his products the less chance we all have of making sales, do you guys agree with that ?

Best Steve

Hi Steve.
I read it as $20. when he split into 2 adds he did say $10 each add so still remailed at $20 per
day It is your choice how many ras or how many clicks you stop the ad on. There are millions searching for products in this niche. A few hundred will really make no odds in the greater scheme of things. Also this is training, You can use other products with the same methods as he says.
His product is a great seller though and would you rather promote something that is selling or something that may sell. Also the mark up is high. You can make $500 with one sale. Selling something for $50 commission means 10 sales needed.

Hi Steve, as J replied, the niche is a sea of opportunities and the audience is huge, therefore, even though there are many customers promoting the product and using similar ad swipes, you should still get your share.

Budgeting is very individual, and while someone want to start with 20$/ad, someone else wants to begin slow with only 5$/day/ad. Obviously the higher the budget, the higher are the chances of success.

We do encourage our students to try out different products and niches, to diversify their ‘marketing portfolios’ and try different approaches.

There is an amazing new opportunity that we give to our students these days which I’m very excited to tell you guys about and I hope you already saw, and which can boost your experience, advertising skills and profits significantly! We have two live training events coming up soon, each lasting for four weeks:

• Jenny Slukynsky - Email Marketing Intensive (Thursdays 3:00-4:00 PST starting November 7th).
  • Josh Smusz - Facebook Ads Comprehensive (Fridays at 3:00-4:00 PST Starting November 8th).

These two events will feature our elite advertising coaches, two experts in the field of marketing, ready to show you the best ways to succeed online and take your experience with us to the next level. Please go to the following link to read more details, and register, you don’t want to miss this!

1 Like

Hi , can anyone on the forum tell me how Google spends your daily/weekly budget , what i mean is how much do they charge you per click for your ad because this is the figure i need to work out how long my budget will last during each week . I don’t quite understand how you can set a daily budget for say quite a low figure ( $5/$10 ) because you could get a small number of clicks and that budget could be spent in just a few hours. Am i correct in assuming that impressions are when somebody actually goes beyond the clicking stage and will go to the landing page for more details ?
Appreciate advice on this, thanks Steve.

I’ve found it. One (now) needs to click the “Select a bid Strategy directly” link, that allows to select Clicks as the bidding strategy. Before (as shown in John’s video), you could select Clicks and it warned you that it would change to manual mode. So Google has kind of reversed the way to select “Clicks” as the strategy. I hope I’m making sense here…

1 Like

Hi Steve,

I too have the same problem. The training is so outdated that none of the options to choose the keywords or anything other than the countries is all I am able to choose. There are no other options to create a conversion or anything. Did you have any success with just running the ad with the options google let you choose?

I have an ad up and running but seems like it could be lost in the abyss without any detailed keywords or conversions ability. Thanks for posting.

Dustin

Hello
I too have the same problem mine shows high Quality Traffic which is what google is offering. after going through with everything i click on Add to AD Group it say correct 1 error but i don’t see any error or marked place .Is someone going through this same issue? What can i do?

Hi Annette, I’ve replied on the other thread, all you seem to have to do is input some images :slight_smile: