Google ads pixels

Hi just been through the ad a Google Ad pixel.
There was no problem with the methodology.
Do we need a different pixel for each product we may promote?
There seemed to be no reference to a product just, to the estimated commission value from CB. Ie in the video 460 was entered at the Value.

thanks
Phil

Phil, this is a bit dependent on how your bridge pages and campaigns are set up. I am guessing you have multiple ad groups in Adwords with different products and those ad groups point to one domain?

Hi thanks for the reply.
Not done the extra products yet.
that is why I asked if different pixels for when I want to promote something like the 12 minute affiliate. the price we installed for the sales pixel with SAS was 460, but this not relate to a lower price product

Phil

Hi J, so what you say is actually true, since the integration of Google Ads and Clickbank requires a set amount chosen as conversion, therefore it will be of no use to use it to track your actual income from the conversions.

Thing is, this type of pixel is NOT used to track your income, how much money you make will be tracked easily via Clickbank itself.

The Google pixel use, is to split test your ads and ad groups. What you care about here is, or the questions you get answered by setting that pixel up are:

• which ad groups give me the highest numbers of order form impressions? which ones get more conversions?
  • Which keywords give me more impressions / sales?
  • Which CAMPAIGNS get more order form impressions and/or actually conversions, compared to the amount I spend on running them and my CPC?

Etc. This is used to fine tune your campaigns and tracking your ads separately, not to actually calculate how much you make.

1 Like

thanks that makes sense.
one pixel is enough to collate the order form conversions.
your bullet point 2 means using more than one set of data as sales are not measured by a pixel set at 460 for a cheaper product why not just set a low amount. if you put in $20 then anything over that amount gets measured. is that correct?

phil