Google Ads pixel / Conversion / Bidding

Hello,
I’ve been promoting my clickbank product via google Search Ads.

I was wondering if cost per click with google Search Ads has any correlation in setting up the conversion tracking/pixel in google?
Is setting up a conversion tracking pixel only necessary if lets say I’m running Display Ads and doing my bidding on Conversions?

I’m still trying to grasp this conversion concept and how it relates to the pixel tracking and bidding

Thank You again !

2 Likes

Hi @almatienzo, setting up a conversion pixel is a good practice to start even if you are bidding through Clicks.

When you are just starting with your search ads, we do recommend to set your bidding strategy with Clicks to generate more traffic and collect data if you have a conversion pixel in place.

When you already have enough data collected through the traffic you generated, you can then scale or optimize your ad by changing the bidding strategy to conversions and/or focus on CPA rather than clicks, and this is where the data gathered from the conversion pixel will come in play.

I hope this helps.

Hi Lizette,
That makes more sense. Thank you

Hi Lizette, when I create a conversion pixel in google, I don’t need to create it for every single product from Clickbank that I’m trying to advertise, correct? I would just do it one time and it will work for all different vendors/products?
I think that’s what I understood from the module training video and the discussions posts I went through, but it was a little unclear still.
Thank you

2 Likes

That is correct. One conversion pixel and Facebook pixel for all your presell pages/campaigns.