Google Ads account suspended

Hello Everyone one.
I’m pretty new to all of this and have been following along with John’s videos to the letter. I’ve been very excited about the program all the way til I got to week 3 video Google ad search. I opened a new google gmail account for my new affiliate marketing venture. I went to google ads as explained in the John’s video and started the process I followed word for and step by step. Pausing the video and doing the work. Same ad same everything to the letter. I then put in my credit card to pay for the ad. I hit submitt and then was waiting for ad approval as expected. Within minutes my account was suspended. The reason in red states “suspicious payments”. I thought perhaps it was my bank’s frued protection. So I checked my bank account and reviewed the transaction. Everything was fine there. Google had made $50 withdrawal and deposits as expected. So thinking this must be some sort of mistake I submitted an appeal. Google contacted me stating the issue would go under investigation and it may take 3 day. Fine I thought everything will be sorted out in 3 days. The very next day I received another email stating my account was reviewed and found to be in violation of Google’s policy. The new reason at this point had changed now the reason was circumventing the system. And all decisions regarding my account were final. The guidelines given by Google are very vague and at this point i feel pretty dead in the water. Its pretty unfortunate but I feel I did nothing wrong. Perhaps the potential pitfalls and potential error precursors should be addressed. As stated before I followed the video to the letter. At this point I still don’t know what went wrong.

1 Like

Generally, suspicious behaviour in payment activity OR your billing information can’t be verified is a result of any one or combination of below points:

1.) When you are using a card, which Google can’t verify/accept.

OR

2.) Your card is already linked to another suspended/active AdWords account.

OR

3.) You are using any prepaid card OR one-time card OR any virtual card OR card generated form any website and not the physical card.

OR

4.) You are using someone else’s card, which Google thinks stolen OR can’t relate to your account OR the card is already linked to any another google account.

You can appeal your suspension here:

https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/7217078

Usually this error is due to using a credit card as a payment method, Google prefer the first payment method registered to be a bank account. You can change this to a credit card after verification.

1 Like