Feeling very lost...HELP

Is this system for people who have already done this before? I am completely lost. I feel like all these videos are jumping all over the place. Nothing is described as far as the terminology…for example…what is a hop? What is a click funnel? I feel like instead of doing 1 thing at a time, everything is being thrown at us. For example…it would be nice just to have a step by step process on how to set up an offer on clickbank to know how to do it…how to input all these links in. I’m really feeling discouraged right now. Please someone tell me it will get easier to understand

1 Like

Hi there hskrfan38 - feeling lost is normal - It’s taken me 9 months to stop feeling overwhelmed. The business of internet marketing is confusing - but exciting. You have to LEARN EVERYTHING. Nothing is given to you on a plate. LEARN AS YOU GO. Go to google to find out ‘what is a gif?’ or ‘what is a landing page’ . John’s course is rich with information. A mine field. Listen / watch then listen / watch again. You will need a website. My website is hosted with godaddy.com Bluehost is cheaper. I tried Wordpress - boy oh boy - if you’re confused at the moment, steer clear of Wordpress! With your website you will have your own web address - your URL (uniform resource locator) - and that URL will be acceptable to all social media sites. They don’t like “truncated” / shortened affiliate links. Social websites where you are advertising like to see you directing people to a proper URL. However, if your URL doesn’t have the ability to “capture” emails from people looking at your offer - how do you get around this? You create a “landing page” and, after keying in their email address to ‘Get Instant Access Now’ - the get-instant-access-now buttoned directs them to the offer - the one you are being an affiliate for. A “hop” is Clickbank’s affiliate link - the big big benefit here is that you will get an affiliate link for whatever you’re interested in selling - you will get that link - the “hop link” IMMEDIATELY. If you go to the marketplace at warriorplus or jvzoo - you will be REQUESTING A LINK from the Vendor - the person who put the “offer” / the “product” together. And because you are a newbie (like me) most times the Vendor ignores you - because you will probably not sell too many copies / units / whatever - and drag down the Vendor’s statistics - - so you won’t get an affiliate link and you start looking elsewhere. Clickbank gives you a hop link STRAIGHT AWAY.
Now Clickfunnels is a massive organisation run by a guy called Russell Brunsen - a super guru. The first couple of weeks membership is free - all fine and dandy - but then he charges $US197 A MONTH to maintain your membership. So … get yourself a website / choose something from Clickbank.com to promote/earn commission from - decide if you are going to promote on Facebook, YouTube videos, Google Ads, Craigslist, Yelp, Pinterest, whatever - don’t forget to offer something-for-nothing on your ad to “catch the fish” - your ad should direct them to a landing page. Creating a landing page (where you harvest emails and add them to your database) is a bit tricky. It actually needs a different URL to your own website URL - it took me a while to work this out. Eventually I got GoDaddy to create my landing page which they are hosting for 2 years. The whole thing including creating and 2 years hosting (of the landing page) cost me $AUD200 which I figured was money well spent. Hope all this helps! Marg Tolliday

2 Likes

That was confusing…all I got was that clickbank creates a hop link for you, the rest was alien. Can you explain it a little slowly, step-by-step, please?

Hey all - don’t give up. I have had to go through things a few times. I am a process guy - A to B to C. And a lot of this isn’t like that but you can get there - you just need to own your process. Go back over things a few times and it does eventually come to you. I have not proceeded beyond week 5 yet (at week 8) because I went back and reviewed the process… listen and review some of Ilya’s Thursday’s calls. That actually helped me a lot.
Don’t give up. (I have now made my first website all on my own - its not great but I have learned a lot).
Al

1 Like

I really want to do this program but like you I think we are getting the wrong information which leaves us very confused. Simply step by step processes delivering small result will boost our confidence and build us the foundation to increase our knowledge and skills.

I appreciate you sharing your insights. It gave me a clear picture of where to start and then what to do.
Thanks.

Hello,

because this is a week 1 only, don’t be discouraged! For newbie, it can be overwhelming, but every new thing does! Watch over and over until it clicks! The scheme is very simple and when you understand just follow the steps. John is urging you to act even if you don’t understand everything.

You > ad > customer > pre-sell page (your website) > offer.

First, in order to set up your website or ad, you need to choose a niche and product. ClickBank is enough to start. Sign in and browse through its marketplace. Choose what you’ll promote and get your affiliate link (hop link). (There is a step by step video on how to choose and where).

Second, go to Bluehost and order a domain name for your website (pre-sell page) and choose any template. (There is a step by step video). Later change it with the one provided by the chosen product vendor (John shows how to place his promo page). Or do it through Click Funnels (if ready to invest in extra back-office tools). If this will be still too much, don’t waste time, you can hire someone on Fiverr or any similar website for few bucks to set this up. Delegate some work sometimes is much wiser.

And that’s it! You are ready for week two and placing ads :wink:

1 Like

Thanks remimatukaitis. Clickbank seems the simplest at this point.