Facebook legal response works

My first FB ad was disapproved 3x before it was suddenly approved yesterday after sending the new version of the legal letter. 23 minutes later got trolled :slight_smile: – felt like an initiation.
Waiting to see what comes of this first step toward success

Hi everyone. After crafting a masterpiece and submitting it with John’s letter
SUCCESS!!! Facebook just reversed its suspension decision. Here is what I wrote.

Facebook Ads Account ID: 679499085823255 (Market Opportunities – Traffic)

To the Appropriate Policy Compliance Adjudicator(s), Facebook Ads Support Center:

My ad contract with Facebook, Inc., “Facebook Ads Account ID: 679499085823255 (Market Opportunities – Traffic,” was terminated using unprofessional, inaccurate, and potentially illegal censure action.  I earnestly request you reconsider your action and reapprove my ad.  My description of the actions taken and my rebuttal follow:

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019, the Facebook Ads Team sent me, Stephen M. Colonna, a notice titled, “Your active ad is disapproved,” with the subtitle, “Your ad isn’t approved after a closer review.”  This notice was sent subsequent to my ad’s approval on May 31 and after my having made individual payments of $25.00 on June 2, 3, and 4 to Facebook Ads.  The reason given for the disapproval was, “We have reviewed your ad more closely and have determined it doesn’t comply with our Advertising Policies.  No specific policy violation was cited.  This begs the questions, “What prompted the review?” and “Exactly which specific policy or policies was or were violated?”

I believe Facebook took undeserved action against me and did so under false pretense.  By now you have received several copies of the legal opinion dated March 7, 2019, that was provided by Christian and Jensen Attorneys:

“Internet Jetset and Super Affiliate System [of which I am an affiliate] training courses are not a ‘multilevel marketing opportunit[y]’ as might implicate Facebook’s policy. Multilevel marketing is ‘characterized by the payment by participants of money to the company in return for which they receive (1) the right to sell a product and (2) the right to receive in return for recruiting other participants into the program rewards which are unrelated to the sale of the product to ultimate users.’ In re Koscot Interplanetary, Inc., 86 F.T.C. 1106, 1181 (1975).
Neither the Internet Jetset, nor the Super Affiliate System, training courses meet the above criteria. Consumers purchasing the Internet Jetset or Super Affiliate System training courses receive quality online training regarding business strategies, marketing methods, and other business advice that has been developed by Mr. Crestani and his company. The training courses are intended to provide quality online training to people who seek freedom of time and freedom of location.
The marketing and sale of the Internet Jetset and Super Affiliate System training courses is done through independent contractors called Affiliates. The advertising used by the Affiliates fully describes the product and does not contain any suggestion of quick compensation for little investment, or anything comparable thereto. In other words, the product advertised by Mr.Crestani, Pendragon Labs, LLC, and their Affiliates is comparable to that of Sam Ovens and Tony Robbins, which advertise regularly on Facebook.
The Pendragon Labs, LLC compensation plan enables Affiliates to earn compensation on a commission basis as they market and sell Pendragon’s products, and it does not reward or otherwise compensate Affiliates for recruiting other participants. Affiliates are compensated on a commission basis based upon their efforts to market and sell Pendragon’s products. The compensation plan is managed by Clickbank, a service of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware Corporation with headquarters in Boise, Idaho.
In sum, the advertising of Mr. Crestani’s and Pendragon Labs, LLC’s products do not violate Facebook’s “Multilevel Marketing” rule/policy.”

I suspect the genesis of the review was comments/complaints from Facebook users concerning their dissatisfaction with having repeated encounters with similar ads, despite having blocked those who sent them.  I also suspect these individuals intentionally made repeat clicks to ensure my account was debited excessively.  I was subjected to significant harassment from several such individuals, one of which stated, “I would like to introduce you to my fist.”  Another referred to me as “scum”.  Others resorted to attacks on my character, person, and intelligence.  It was implied that I, the $25 per day paying customer, was a fool who was trying to get something for nothing, and that I needed to get a real job.  Some accused me of perpetrating a scam, pyramid scheme, and/or a multilevel marketing business.  None of these comments were appropriate or accurate.  To my knowledge, Facebook moderators took no action against these internet bullies.

Many of my fellow affiliates have had the same unjust treatment from Facebook, Inc.  About half of them had their suspensions rescinded after submitting copies of the aforementioned legal opinion.  Others’ rebuttals were disapproved.  There appears to be no consistent interpretation of Facebook policy by its employees, and paying customers/advertisers of/on Facebook are being unfairly penalized by the uninformed.  In a company as large and spanning as Facebook, it is understandable that some minor policy renderings may not make it down to the lowest levels of the organization.  However, policies that have the potential to negatively impact company revenues certainly should not fall into this void.

Please reconsider and remove the suspension of my ads on Facebook, so, I can conduct my legitimate entrepreneurial activities, and you can continue to receive revenue from my business.

I have attached copies of all documents referenced in this correspondence.

Sincerely,

Stephen M Colonna
http://market-opportunities-smc.com
Facebook Ads Account ID 679499085823255
[email protected]

1 Like

Help! So after taking my time and making sure my websites were totally aligned with Facebook standards. I followed the course video to the T on the SAS program set up for Facebook and got my ad immediately rejected
 as deceptive advertising
 **** heavy sigh****
I see the button for the review request but don’t want to push over the edge 
 how does one send the letter along with the review request.
Signed very frustrated with the big cos!
Al