ClickFunnels provides hosting and free domain - why do we need Bluehost or Coolhandle?

I’m confused about why we need to sign up with web hosting with Bluehost or Coolhandle AND Clickfunnels. If we sign up with Clickfunnels they provide hosting AND a free domain. Can’t we just sign up with Clickfunnels and do everything there?

https://www.clickfunnels.com/blog/get-free-domain-clickfunnels/

1 Like

Hey Colleen… nice to meet you.

So … first things first. The blog post you are referencing was back in 2017… and at the time, clickfunnels was a bit more value oriented… and they did have a free domain then… but not anymore. You need to have your own domain in order to properly customize your funnels.

That notwithstanding, you ARE right… you don’t need to get a hosting account if you have clickfunnels… because in theory… clickfunnels is your hosting. The alternate also holds true… if you have a hosting account… you don’t really need clickfunnels.

The reason though that you want both is this: clickfunnels has a limit of about 100 pages and 20 funnels per account… and powerful though it may be… it is not customizable. Wordpress on the other hand, is YOUR platform and either by coding or plug-ins, you can customize it granularly. The clickfunnels plug-in is a way for you to bridge your website with your funnels.

When starting out… clickfunnels is a bit of a luxury though. hands down the CHEAPEST way to get started is to get a hosting account, then use the ELEMENTOR plug-in to replicate landers. Just my 2-cents.

You really don’t need Bluehost with Clickfunnels. With Bluehost, it does make it a little bit easier with the Wordpress Plugin.

If you do not have hosting with Bluehost or Godaddy, then the first method is to buy the domain directly from clickfunnels.

The second way, you need to buy a domain. I buy mine at Godaddy. Then all you have to do then is connect the domain to Clickfunnels. Clickfunnels has tutorials on how to do that. If you do not have Google ads account and buy from godaddy they usually give you $100 for ads.

I use both the manual method and Bluehost method. BlueHost method is easier, but in the Manual method, you can put code so the suggested videos are not shown after the video is shown on the presale page.

I am also working on a Builderall template. I gone thru an extensive training with them and they are getting better but software can’t do what Clickfunnels can yet. Once that happens I will post the template to the group.

If you want to checkout the one I have so far here it is:

https://www.sas.allcash365.com/

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks @Larios01. I was wondering about that. I guess if we want a blog then it’s easier with Bluehost. I’ll try both ways.

Great 2 cents, thanks.