Cannot have an ad for "vague employment offers"

Yeah, my FB add was disapproved. I dont understand because I wasnt offering anyone employment.

Anyways, not my main concern. I noticed that the ad, when I previewed it, is displaying my clickfunnels subdomain. I assume this was automatically created by CF but apparently this is my first and last name.

Unbelieveable, click funnels wants to charge me 297 a month and then display my name on the ad. Yeah, I know I could change the DNS and CNAME for my site but click funnels should give me the option to change it to something instead of me having to dick around with my hosting. Their support was no help.

Is anyone familiar with changing their subdomain (without using their own domain)? I went to my account details and the first option is, surprisingly, changing your clickfunnels subdomain. WHen I changed it, it was as if it took my site down. When ever I went to the site, the JC CF page no longer showed but instead it took me to the CF homepage. I changed the subdomain back to my first and last name and then revisited the site and the JC CF was back up.

Anyone have any idea of how to deal with this issue?

Christopher_s, So I am curious how you feel about the manual method instead of Clickfunnels?

Hi Steve,

I dont like the manual method. if using the manual method, would I have to go through the same process of setting up the manual method for each affiliate campaign? Are other vendors going to give me their assets (pre-sell pages) so that I could install them on my webserver?

Coming from someone who has only taken week 1, it seems to me that clickfunnels is the only plausible way forward.

Chris

Edit: Ive resubmitted the ad using the manual method (thanks for reminding me of this, I was so focused on getting the clickfunnels working because it seems so robust that I forgit about MM). I also changed the headline of the ad, so we will see what happens.

gonedark.co/test

I am still curious about being able to use the MM going forward though. Can anyone tell me if the MM will work the same with other affiliate marketing vendors?

Edit: my ad was just approved!!!

@Christopher_s you shouldn’t be using your CF link in your ads. You should be using the wordpress plugin so you can use your domain URL without making the other changes you mention in CF. But you do need a domain of your own. Changing the CF subdomain won’t overcome the issue with using your own URL in your ad.

You also don’t need to upgrade CF.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Cannot have an ad for "vague employment offers":

Thank you for your reply SaraN. Yeah, I was automatically “Assigned” the top tier price (yay for CF upselling) when I signed up but I manually downgraded myself, Although I may not use CF when my trial runs out. I dont know. Seems pricey, but we will see. That click funnels guy is super hyped about click funnels, he is a great salesman. Maybe he can convince me to stay.

I was probably using the CF link, although I thought I had followed along with Johns video, I may have inadvertently used the wrong link. I did get it working with the manual method and my ad was approved .

no sale yet. I also just got my google ad up yesterday. This is actually kind of fun. Its interesting to look at the information about who clicked etc

Have a great night

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Christopher_s, When you set your ad up and it was approved did you have to initiate it running? or did google automatically start running it?

I noticed that it was in review, then I checked google ads about 45 minutes later and it was approved and live.

I tweaked the ad on google though, after a few days. I searched on of the keywords myself and actually found my ad on the search engine results page and saw that the copy john gives, which is the same we all get obviously, is displayed by several ads. I tweaked my ad a little bit and actually got the most hits (14 off of 587 impressions). I dont know if that is good or not but 3 days ago I had about 1500 impressions and only 11 clicks.

Google seems to be “performing” better than facebook though. Ive barely gotten any clicks from there. Id say less than 6 and that ad was running a day before google.

I watched the google display ads segment of the course but didnt put a display ad up, I cant afford to have 3 ads up in one week. I might take the facebook ad down and put up the google display ad today.