Can I use an already existing hosting instead of bluehost?

I already have a subscription in another hosting service that I want to use.

Would it be really necessary to specifically register for bluehost?

Hello June, it won’t be necessary to specifically register with BlueHost.

Philip

Thanks for you reply!

Oh. really. I have another one but still signed up in Blue Host as recommended.

Don’t want to deviate with the proven success system by John C that’s why.

Anyway, hope using other alternative hosting sites would work as well for others.

Good Luck.

I too, had several domains registered on GODADDY. On one of the first slides pertaining to the setting up of the website, the instructions seemed to suggest that I can create a new domain or choose an existing domain. So I choose the existing domain. I was able to follow most of the setups according to John instructions.

However, at the end, I the hoplink did not show up at all in CLICKBANK; I was able to preview the video in CLICKFUNNELS. However, when I entered my website on a browser, It did not launch the video, but it redirected me back to the default page in GODADDY. I am sure it is a small configuration to correct this. However, I have no clue what to do.

ANY Suggestions from Tec or the rest of the team members will be appreciated.

Hurricane June

Did you point your hosting nameservers to your domain? It seems like you didnt.

I’m still in the introduction part of this course so very green.

Before I had ever heard of SAS and John Crestani, I was trying to figure this stuff out. I got my first domain name (jungle4jim.com) and built a very basic Wordpress website hosted by HostGator. I never launched the website because I couldn’t see where It was taking me as regards Affiliate Marketing which was just a big confusion to me at the time, clarity is coming but slowly.

My question is - is Bluehost mandatory at $237 hard to find money at this time. Can my more creative Hostgator website play a part in Marketing Affiliate products, like for hosting squeeze pages on the side. Also whats a good name for a affiliate marketing Website as it seems you should a have a main website.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Hi kandymarie. The short answer is yes, you can use your current hosting account. It’s not a problem. However, it may be a little more difficult to follow some of the instructions.

Wouldn’t recommend it, especially if using the manual method. Most of us are not computer programmers and you would be difficult to undo the changes done by the manual method. I like the manual method but it did mess up my hosting with GoDaddy. I am gald I went thru this because this experience forced me to learn.

If your web hosting has Wordpress then you can install the Clickfunnels plugin. If you website does not have Wordpress then you will definitely need Bluehost or other web hosting with Wordpress.

If you use your website for something other than SAS (other business) then it is probably best to open BlueHost account and keep everything separate.

1 Like

Hi Marie,
Sorry, but I don’t really know. I would just go through the video training for the manual method. I chose the easy route! I have my other business on hostgator, but added Bluehost with all of this affiliate marketing stuff so I could keep things separate as Larios suggested. Then I went with Clickfunnels too because I prefer things to be very easy at this point.

1 Like

@jungle4jim Welcome to SAS :smile:
You can use your existing account. The training tutorials are shown in Bluehost so as long as it isn’t causing you too much trouble getting set up, shouldn’t be a problem!

1 Like

Yes. As long to figure lut how to link clickfunnels kn it

FYI. Manual method only works with bluehost as JC mentioned during the live call this weekend.

Hi.

You can choose a lower plan in bluehost.

You can add wordpress to any website, and therefore the plugin to connect to CF.

So I have hosting from another company. can I use the manual method to start without using Bluehost? It seems there are some posts that say yes and some that say no??

I think the confusion exists because John’s training videos are using bluehost, his recommended host but if you do already have your own hosting account and do not want to change you can use it! We just don’t have the tutorial specific to the various host companies. If you are comfortable moving forward without a tutorial specific to your hosting company then it will not be a problem, it’s just not supported in terms of any difficulties you may bump into.