After conversion pixel setup, do we change everything to Maximize Conversions? Also, Why is google charging me over $8 a click?

Hello, I followed Johns videos for setting up the Search ad and the Display ad. Once he showed us how to ad conversion pixels, do we change everything to conversions instead of clicks?

Secondly, I had some search ads running aside from the ones mentioned. Once I changed these to maximize conversions I’ve been getting hit with an average cost per click of over $8!!! Why?

I’d ask John in the inner circle about this, sounds like a setting hasn’t been entered right.

Or you can ask @AndyStewart Thursday 3pm on the webinar :slight_smile:

You probably set the Bidding to ‘automatically maximize clicks’ which, if I read it right, means Google is upping your cost to ‘maximize’ the number of clicks you get, basically burning through your $$$. John advises to do this 'cause he says the $20 is going to get spent anyway, just faster. If you don’t want that happening, you need to go into the Bidding area and set it to ‘manual’, which will then allow you to dictate to Google how much they can spend to get you more clicks. Hope that makes sense.

1 Like

I meant automatically maximize conversions!

Hey thanks. Yea it makes sense, but it’s like a catch 22. It seems like when I set it at a predetermined amount, I barely get any clicks with it running all day. Then if I leave it set to automatic, i get some action, but my budget runs out from midnight to 10am and nothing happening the rest of the day. Kind of aggravating.

Hello. I noticed that John has a “Defult Max CPC @ $1.96” setting in Ad groups. However, he did not suggest for the student “me” to do the same. I located that option, but I did not apply it because John left that out although I see it in the video. Why is this? :thinking: Thank you.46%20PM