Ad approval issues

There are any number of things which can cause an ad to be disapproved (even after it’s been running for months) or cause an ad account to be suspended. “Irregular” account behavior, billing issues, violating the TOS or advertising policy of the ad network, etc.

Also important to note, if you are working with a brand new ad account, it’s important to know that your account is being monitored a bit differently than one which has been active for a while without any issues.

The other key item to point out is that these ad platforms are becoming more and more intelligent and are constantly learning (yes, learning) about the advertisers, ads, audiences and interactions on their ad networks. When we rely on their platforms, we are also at their mercy.

In this program you are being instructed on how to use specific tools and techniques to sell products online. A crucial part of that is using these ad networks successfully, and that means working within their ever-changing constructs.

Google is a bit more relaxed than Facebook when it comes to scrutinizing ads in different categories, so if you are struggling with Facebook, I suggest you focus on getting really good with Google Search and/or Display ads. Or try Bing, or Yahoo or another network which you might like better.

The key here is to TRY THINGS. John’s course is fantastic at teaching you how to do what has made him successful. And a huge part of what made him successful was his ability to learn and then apply when he had learned. It’s the same for everyone here.

If an ad isn’t getting approved for whatever reason, then try something else! Change the image, change the text a bit, change the targeting a bit or create your own keyword list based on your own additional research.

If a network sees and influx of ads with the same ad copy, images, targeting, etc. there is a high probability it will begin regulating those ad accounts and may ultimately begin rejecting or disapproving repetitive ads.

As marketers, we have to get accustomed to such changes and restrictions, and be able to respond and adjust quickly and effectively.

3 Likes

Andy, thanks for sharing your experience on the weekly calls as well as here. Facebook suspended me, but my appeal was approved (YAY). I did not have the same results with Google Ads and Google Adwords, despite using the suggested letter from John’s lawyers. Currently communicating with YouTube ads concerning suspicious payment activity (cannot confirm payment). Original card was a debit. At the suggestion of other affiliates, I changed the card to a true credit card. Still waiting for resolution. Is it possible that anything I send to Google is just categorized as another plea from me and summarily denied? What do you recommend? I will pursue other venues as has been suggested. Should I just kiss Google-linked ads goodbye?

1 Like

Hi @SColo1959! Glad to hear you won your FB appeal. I’ve had peers in the past who were able to create a new Google ID (gmail account) and then ad account. So, you could start again from there, but you’ll need to stay out of your current Google account in the meantime. I would also suggest clearing cookies, cache, etc. before creating a new Google/Gmail ID.

1 Like