A/B Testing with Google ADs - Questions

Hi ALL,

Once we allow for the Google Ad to bake and we get a clear winner -

What is the next step for everyone?

1. IF our CTR is decent - Assuming we just turn off the other ADs that do not have a good CTR. Let the good one bake in.

2. IF ALL ADs are not getting a decent CTR, change the headlines and retest.

3. IF AD winner is getting good CTR percentage (say over 3-5%, is there a benchmark?) - then focus on your funnel to see if its converting LEADs and sales

Any other suggestions?

/Michael

Hi Michael, I make sure there are at least 100 impressions for every (Google) ad before I make changes. Your first ad is a clear winner and I’d grow it’s budget for sure. You can’t say much about the last ad since it only showed twice, so I’d look into the keywords you’re using for it (Here’s an awesome tool, I usually don’t advice it straight away since it’s a bit advanced but you’re clearly entering the pros league, so you’d want to take a look).

While the second ad isn’t your top performer, you got 5 clicks for 1$ which is pretty nice. How about conversions from these ads? (email sign ups, purchases)

Thanks IIya. thats helpful and what i was thinking as well.

I am getting some LEADs from the ADs and Google is still optimizing for maximizing clicks. IT will take 5 days. So will let it bake alittle.

I used to use Keyword Anywhere when it was FREE. IT got really popular and they started charging. i didn’t understand the pricing model, it seems complicated.

How many days/moths does $10 get you? I do like how its integrated with Google and provides you other suggestions.

I have purchased “keywordtooldominator” tool and have a lifetime license with these guys. Seems to work well and access to many channels.

I also use Googles Keyword Planner alot.

MY keywords ARE all the same for each of the ADs. i only have 1 AD group.

• i haven’t figured out yet why i need more AD groups and why i would want to have different key words for each AD

• That seems more advanced. Can you point me to why i would do this?

/Michael